or
Create an account

or

Thread sample libraries for composing

• 12 replies
  • 6 participants
  • 6 followers
1 sample libraries for composing

hey all, I am looking for an excellent sample library for composing movie music.  I am considering stuff like Garritan, Goliath, or Kontakt...  I am more concerned about quality, not so much about price. 

Garritan sounds good, although I am having trouble finding any demos for electric guitar (beyond the jazz sound).  Maybe something like Goliath would be better for an all around set of samples?  Any suggestions would be much appreciated :D

Show first post
I realize I'm replying a little late to your post, but I hope I can help anyway.
I to am collecting my sample libraries for movie-type soundtracks and have come to the following conclusions (amid much frustration):
-concerning NI libraries; if you want realistic instrument sounds, and are purchasing the factory inst. that come with NI Komplete, avoid this library. Kontakt 4 is essential as a host for other libraries, but I think you can download that some other place for free.
-Go with Heavyocity's Symphobia (try it out at try-sounds...no, this is not an advertisement for them, it's just a great way to audition sample libraries) The best thing about this library, is that they have set up several multis that are designed to sound like movie soundtracks, whether it be Star Trek, Gladiator or whatever genre of movie you are into. I can't say enough about this library. Everything is set up for you to begin composing immediately, and you don't have to do much programming. Also, they use Kontakt as the host.
-Evolve and Evlolve Mutations (more for TV-inspired sounds, but a nice program)
-Cinesamples, particullarly Deep Percussion Beds, which is a set of percussion loops that include codas and such.
-EWQL (a little dated sounding, but a good library none the less)

I'm still searching for libraries myself, but this is what I've found to be the most user-friendly and best designed, in terms of getting immediately to writing music and not having to tweak the sounds too much.

Hope this helps.
Hi 2FryGuy,

thanks for the info, as I am still researching
Hi!

Surely too late but it can help other users:

for the guitars in particular, try sample packs "Hard Rock", "UK Rock" and even "US Pop Vol 1" from WaaSoundLab:

www.waasoundlab.com

Moreover, there is a Spring Special ending March 25... Advantageous :)

[ Post last edited on 03/14/2012 at 08:49:17 ]