or
Create an account

or

Thread sample libraries for composing

• 12 replies
  • 6 participants
  • 6 followers
1 sample libraries for composing

hey all, I am looking for an excellent sample library for composing movie music.  I am considering stuff like Garritan, Goliath, or Kontakt...  I am more concerned about quality, not so much about price. 

Garritan sounds good, although I am having trouble finding any demos for electric guitar (beyond the jazz sound).  Maybe something like Goliath would be better for an all around set of samples?  Any suggestions would be much appreciated :D

what guitars are you looking for  ?

http://www.backingtracksdude.com
Professional Custom Made Backing Tracks For Country, Rock, Blues, Pop, Metal, Jazz and More.

anything from light rock to screaming power metal, or just some raw stuff would be good (so I can add my own effects)

I got some lead & rhythm here http://www.backingtracksdude.com/instruments.html

but I'm not sure if it will do for what you need.

Let me know if i can help.

http://www.backingtracksdude.com
Professional Custom Made Backing Tracks For Country, Rock, Blues, Pop, Metal, Jazz and More.

Trying to build an excellent virtual instrument library.  So far I have narrowed it down to these, at least for general instruments:

Trilian (Spectrasonics)                            -  Bass
Electri6ity (Vir2)                                     -  Guitar
Broadway Big Band (Fable Sounds)       -  Brass
LASS (Audiobro)                                      -  Strings
7CG (Sampletekk)                                    -  Piano
Drums Series 1 (Sonic Implants)               -  Drums

Am I out to lunch on this (besides spending hella $$)?

I replied to this but it didnt show up. Bugger.

I would consider your Return On Investment. Just say you score a killer melody and arrangement and it gets picked up by a company. They will no doubt get a real orchestra to perform the piece. At the very least they would take your midi files and send them to a studio with the very toppest of top notch samples.

For this reason I recommend Native Instruments Komplete 7. It includes 80 gig Kontakt and 12 gigBattery. Both very high quality sounds ( the pianos in particular). Great value for money.

The reason I have been avoiding the Kontakt stuff is because they don't seem to use (or don't advertise it at least) full legato samples or articulations.  For example, wind instruments that have been recorded with long natural decay, rather than any looping.  Also, velocity layers and round-robin is a must, and other stuff like note transistions would be a great bonus (like guitar hammer-ons).

Citation de : CFox

I replied to this but it didnt show up. Bugger.

I would consider your Return On Investment. Just say you score a killer melody and arrangement and it gets picked up by a company. They will no doubt get a real orchestra to perform the piece. At the very least they would take your midi files and send them to a studio with the very toppest of top notch samples.

For this reason I recommend Native Instruments Komplete 7. It includes 80 gig Kontakt and 12 gigBattery. Both very high quality sounds ( the pianos in particular). Great value for money.

Hi CFox, nice to see you here ! bravo

Hi Chater. icon_wink.gif

This forum doesnt seem as user friendly as HR. There is no persistance if the post is rejected for any error, meaning that all text is lost when hitting the back button.

Citation de : artvandallay

The reason I have been avoiding the Kontakt stuff is because they don't seem to use (or don't advertise it at least) full legato samples or articulations.  For example, wind instruments that have been recorded with long natural decay, rather than any looping.  Also, velocity layers and round-robin is a must, and other stuff like note transistions would be a great bonus (like guitar hammer-ons).

Post your concerns on the NI website, you dont have to be a product owner to post there. The legato on my strings is pretty authentic.