« A killer! »Published on 07/20/14 at 06:56
- A switch to activate another for distortion, so you can if you need to use that distortion pedal. Note that when the effect is set to completely flat, even enabled it is quite clear, as if it was not lit.
- A gate button, which activates an adjustable noise gate but only for the distortion knob with the "trigger" (not necessarily innate in the beginning, we need to know). Note that it is very well designed, I'm not a fan of the gates but it worked great and is very discreet.
- A button "phantom ground" that provides power to the pedal when it is connected to the console XLR with 48V phantom power supply, of course.
- 1 XLR output, 1 output jack, and a third parallel output without effect, ie bypass. Useful.
- And finally, my favorite, the magical "color" button, which made me opt for this pedal. It is a kind of "mid scoop", which inflates his digging mediums and boosting bass and treble.
The configuration is simple, I did not dwell on the manual as it has become clear principle. It is easy to find your clean sound, maybe a little less with the distortion that deserved a more tone setting because it eats a little too low. I would have preferred a more versatile therefore less aggressive overdrive, distortion and not strictly speaking. Only flaw that he has found, for this reason I put 8/10.
Let's get right to the point, it is huge, from my point of view anyway. Same set flat, I press the switch "color", and magical, I direct the sound I'm looking for! Its a super heated, well rounded, well dug and accurate. The analog circuit has much in sound quality! The équalo responds perfectly, it is clean, even with a lot of treble that does not scream, the associated frequencies are well chosen (60Hz / 850Hz / 4khz). End of the chain on my pedalboard, it enhances the signal loss, sculpts and corrects the final, especially with the color switch it provided the final as through my favorite amp, but WITHOUT amp! I finally MON his ideal, which just fits on my pedalboard. I performed all tests on a HK sound good quality, as well as my studio monitors completely transparent, so effective testing and no surprises later! I do not talk much about the distortion, because I have a little trouble taming. I find it too cold and difficult to resolve because there is only the gain and signal balance clean / distortion, the volume changing nothing in grain. But beware, this is a distortion not an overdrive, fuzz, etc.. It is probably for this reason that I do not catch, I never really liked the distortion effect in itself, whatever the brand. Suddenly, the saturated and settled with clean and gain balance to zero, and I play only on the volume for me to use it as clean boost, which eventually turns super efficient channel. Note that the color switch is still committed to the channel distortion; So there are many possibilities of sound between the 2 channels even cut distortion.
I used a loan in local rehearsal for several months, and I finally buy me one. For me it is just necessary, I can play without my amp by finding the same sound. Suddenly live, more surprises on the front, this is the same sound worked well, unlike the basic sound engineers-its make available and only a signal processing "flat" DI. Big sound guaranteed with MXR, without touching anything else! Same to save, share with you a very good grounding in the mix that makes everything else. If you love the color and sound of the DI, it is a winner on all counts. For me it is a very important asset logistics, able to switch from one amp and just have a briefcase pedalboard and low transport, what happiness. So much so that I fumbled repeatedly sell my amp.