or
Create an account

or

Thread How to performing alive with the Mixer NRV10 and the InterFX effects.

• 5 replies
  • 2 participants
  • 2 followers
1 How to performing alive with the Mixer NRV10 and the InterFX effects.
My name is Antonio,
I wanna buy the mixer nrv10 to perform alive with my laptop.
In the present I´m working with midi files, and I´m performing alive with Winamp.
The communication between laptop and effects processors is by USB/midi interface.
I´m programing the midi songs in the Sonar, and control the guitar and vocal processors effects, by (Program Change) in two different channels.

In my laptop I have installed Sonar 7, and I want to program midi songs in the Sonar, and control the guitar and vocal effects in each different channel on the mixer by (Program Chage) in a midi track
controlling the NRV10interFX effects to perform alive. Or instead perform with midi file sequences, I could be change to wave or audio files, and control the effects like that way.

Is it possible?
Can I work like this? Please tell me where can I get informations or an user guide to program these settings, step by step,to communicate between Sonar and NRV10 InterFX effects ?
Please, tell me if I can do it with this software/hardware, or if there is another different solution.
Tell me if there is any possibility to control or change the effects NRV10interFX, programing the effect in the channel and the measure I want, to change the wished effect for mixer channel I want.

Thanks, regards.

Antonio.
What is generating your midi sounds? a soundcard? or the midi interface?

some VSTIs have effects integrated so you can apply effects to the audio that is produced.

You can also use Reason to generate the sound.

what kind of tracks are they (drums, bass, synth)? and what is reading the midi data. Even if you use Sonar or Winamp, something has to be generating the sounds.
I use the midi Sound Canvas module as a sound source, connected to the laptop with an interface cable (Edirol UM1- USB/Midi).
Normaly I create the midi songs in the SONAR tracks,(Bass, Keybords, Drums,violins...)
In a song, I choose one track to send (midi prog.changes)in a specific channel (Ex:ch12)to controll an external processor sound effects,(same ch12), that sends the effect to a mixer channel.I can program (Chorus effect) in measure 2, and (Distortion), measure 10 ...for exemple. So in a song, the effects that I want,are changing in the time that I want.
I do the program settings in the SONAR, but alive I perform with Winamp.
This is how i would do it with the same equipment:

Midi in sonar, each part on a different track. and each track has a Sound Canvas module.

each of the sound canvas module tracks would have the wanted audio effects on them (reverb, distortion etc etc)

i would then program and pilot the effects in real time with the a mouse or a keyboard controller.

i wouldn't use winamp at all.

or you could just transform the midi tracks into audio. and then apply effects to them (this would be less cpu consuming)

this way i can change the effects as i want in real time.
How do you perform with winamp live? just playback?
Hi,
I perform alive with winamp runing the midi files that I programed before in Sonar.
All the midi instruments in tracks, have the right parameter settings like, reverbs, delays, chorus,etc,and everything in right levels.
So the background instrumental is OK with Midi effects.
Then the information I create in one Sonar midi track (prog. change), is to control
the two external processor effects, connected to an analogic mixer. One of them process the effects for the microfone, the other one process the effects for the guitar. In this way I have the automation to control the effects without touch any knob alive, I just start the midi backgrund, sing and play the guitar.

So, I wanna do this in the same way, but working with the InterFX effects. I don´t want send the effects for the midi files, but send them for two channels in tha NRV10 mixer, one for the microfone, the other one for the guitar.

Can you tell me, if is possible controll the effects as I described before, instead a midi file background, do the similar procedure with an audio background too?

Regards
Antonio