Boss BR-532 Digital Studio
Boss BR-532 Digital Studio

Digital Multrack-studio from Boss belonging to the BR series.

MGR/TWH MGR/TWH

« Boss BR-532 »

Published on 03/24/02 at 15:00
I recently bought the BR-532 at a local music shop, after many hours of researching digital recorders. I paid $397,00 for it, and it was money well spent.

The built in drum machine sounds great, but it is a little confusing trying to figure out how to arrange your own patterns. Most of the effects are very good, and with a little tweaking, you can get some great tones out of this. The 7-string effect is real cool. Anybody who has used an analog 4 track will adjust very well to this machine, recording is simple, and mastering out to a cassette deck produced some extremely high quality tapes. (I'm still saving up for a CD burner). I was using a Tascam 424, and although that was a great machine, the BR-532 is light years ahead. Even though an AC adapter is not included, I have used mine for over 4 hours on aa batteries.

Go buy a PSA120 power supply, because they dont include one with the machine. And you'll have to do some trial and error on programming the rythym guide, because the owners manual sux. The 32 MB smartmedia card is kinda lame, a 64MB card, would work much better for me.

The machine seems to be well built and sturdy

I paid almost $500 for a Tascam 424 about 10 years ago, and I paid $397 for this, and the advances made in that time are amazing, I loved my 424, but this thing is even better, as an upgrade of your old analog recorder, or as your first one, you cant go wrong.