Clavia Nord Stage 2 88
Clavia Nord Stage 2 88

Digital Synth from Clavia belonging to the Nord Stage 2 series.

steako steako

« The keyboard stage for musicians »

Publié le 01/02/12 à 03:44
Everything has been said about it.
I have version 88 keys.

So there you have to know what you want.

On paper, if you compare the last Korg or a Motif XS, this keyboard will seem a bit feeble for the price.
In practice, I had the opportunity to have an S90, Yamaha, and other toy in the hands and I have never had the courage and the patience to customize to my taste, and according to my needs on stage. Everyone does not have all day (week!) Available to program the machine without getting lost, let alone the next daunting for some.
In practice, with the Japanese overpowering synths and full of possibilities "on paper", it comes soon enough to simply search through the thousands of sounds available some "performance" or "patches" that go for what wants to play and then held there.

With the North is quite the opposite: The use and programming are so simple as not to customize the instrument would be to miss the thing.
After some early stage in understanding the Sound Manager (PC software) and to reassure me (clear a bank, make a backup, restore factory config etc ...) I decided to create 6 programs that I use to live in trying to find the sounds I made with my S90 as not to disturb the balance of the group.
5 hours later it was folded. 6 programs over the first 6 locations in the D bank, named after the corresponding songs in my playlist.
It makes you want to create multiple programs per song is so simple.
I thought I should wait a few weeks before replacing the S90 in my group and in fact next week I took him in rehearsal! It will be ready for 2 hours playlist.

In 10 years of using Yamaha synths, I have never been able or willing to do what I did in 5 hours with the Nord Stage 2.

Hand side is a bit simplistic to read (in English: that&#39;s not great for non-English).
But again, once you have used the machine you realize that it is because the machine is altogether simple and intuitive.
Once we understand the shift button, slots A & B, split, and synth parameters ben it was 80% of the way. Even the screen is there to make you understand what the parameters are stored and with what.
If having a machine that you utlise only 10% of the opportunities you reassuring, the Nord Stage 2 is not for you. Here it is unnecessary secret menu. Everything is on the dashboard. So it&#39;s almost afraid of trying all possibilities in a few hours. On reflection, finally, a human machine!!

The editon sounds could not be easier. The only downside for synth sounds, a tutorial on the use of analog parameters (filters, resonnaces, LFO etc. ..) would have been welcome to the profannes.

Okay so here we touch the real difference.

The Nord Stage 2 is a musical instrument. It sounds silly but we feel "physical" play an instrument, not a keyboard that plays a sound reproducing device.

Playing the B3, one gets the imprression to have a B3 under the fingers, like an acoustic piano or Rhodes. However, the keyboard is a bit light for my taste but it is a compromise in order to play the organ and synthesizers.
My game is a thousand times more expressive with my S90. I find myself playing the effects of dynamic and vary the game like a real piano, which disappears when we instinctively to the touch an instrument that does not really react to the nuances.
We must try it to believe it! It was almost like working gaammes its top!

Side effects is also simple and effective.

But to remember is that this is not a workstation. It is an instrument with his grain, his personality and what you do.
He brings a real plus as such but does not know anything else.

so I decided that:

1) The quality of sound, especially acoustic and electric pianos. To top it is also the organ.

2) The simplicity of the approach to use live. It creates its programs bank everything is stored (layers, splits, etc. ..) is the range in the order of the playlist, switch it on stage between songs to catch a wheel and cherries on the cake PC backups as you can, that is only 20 minutes you pass a keyboard in A config B config completely different (for example if you play in several bands of different styles, Rock, Fusion, Jazz etc.. ...)

I&#39;m delighted with my choice. I do not need a workstation in the studio because I have everything I need in Cubase VST, and live a workstation is the gas plant to manage. There in 20 minutes my keyboard is loaded with the config together, and sounds give the impression and the feeling of "real" instruments. Lacks only the printer to exit the playlist amount on stage!!