Roland VP-550
Roland VP-550
Sebastien Goyet Sebastien Goyet
Publié le 03/01/10 à 08:49
Value For Money : Correct
4 octaves, good enough for this type of instrument, complete with enough connectors or XLR input jack for the microphone, adjustable gain, etc. ... MIDI (history of driving like a piano ...).

So it's a keyboard with sounds of string, voice, and with an impressive feature "virtual choir" and vocoder (not configurable).

Reverb is also integrated. It was also right now at usual D-Beam sensor Roland.

Lack however basic function: NO TRANSLATION! It's too bad, just for that I lower the note, because I do not understand this lack

Few adjustments, so easy to use, not even need instructions. Nothing is really so simple parameterized to death.

The two string sounds are very good, the first is supposed to be natural, perhaps lacking a little attaquen but ... The second is synthetic and I love it in the line of ARP I think!

The "voice sounds" are equivalent to other keyboards, so good, it can serve let's say ... There are also "scats" a little jazz that makes me laugh every time, and that is also found in other brand products.

The bass section is of course the VOCAL DESIGNER and there is very simple: no competition! Listen to demos online and you'll understand.

This is best seen as a vocoder enhanced because you can not believe that someone has registered a real choir, there is always a sort of flange and a synthetic small side, but to swell the chorus in a mix that does well, and on stage I think it's nickel because at least we understand that these choruses virtual and non-registered!

In most cases the patch "classic" glue well. The "Gospel" gives an impression of vibrato that goes for this kind of effect, and "pop" is flat, I find it worse than others, but according to what we did was good of have, it is closer to a vocoder, but more natural course. There is another setting that mixes "men and women" (without a second thought) and does not serve me now.

Part vocoder has no parameters nor unfortunately, because there would have been very helpful. That said both are quality patches, see the demos too!

It has the ability to mix the "vocal designer" with a string sound, for example, the combination can accompany a lead singer with tablecloths and, when necessary, the virtual choirs.

Overall I think the sound has much lower per cons, even when my wife is a singer who uses it! On the edge it needs to be transferred low and emphasize the treble.

It is used for about 6 months, found opportunities in the region, and a very reasonable price.

A tour de force of Roland, there was a worthy successor to the VP-330! Obtain such choirs with a keyboard is incredible, it's bluffing the public every time with this.

Tip damage: no implementation, good I do not care but it's a little more damage to someone who does not usually translate to hard. I am repeating myself, but I do not understand, especially since Roland has made adjustments to the VP-770 released some time later.

That said it is an excellent tool for someone who needs to live choirs