Roland Jupiter-50
Roland Jupiter-50

Digital Synth from Roland belonging to the Jupiter series.

theaudioandvideoguy theaudioandvideoguy

« great synths and effects.. high price »

Publié le 03/25/12 à 20:55
The Roland Jupiter 50 is a very expensive board to me. I just don’t understand why it needs to cost so much with the other boards on the market like the Fantom that too me is better. This board cost around 2,000 but if you can find an authorized dealer with a cheaper price most local stores will price match. that’s the only good thing about the price. But about the board its self, its pretty sleek and comes stocked with a ton of good quality usable synths.

Its not hard to get started and up and running, but if you are use to using the fantom like I am it can be a little different mainly because of the screen. The screen is so small and isn’t color it’s a little harder on the eyes to me with that darker background and the words and stuff are in a lighter color. But I cant say I had any issues with it, it works great and everyone else seems to be writing good reviews about it. One of the new features of this board is that it has an on board USB slot. I don’t think I have used another keyboard that had that option.

Sounds are good, I am usual not a fan of the Rolands boards outside of the fantom. But this one is actually really good, just too expensive. It has some very good effects and I love the reverb on it. When you purchase this it comes with Sonar, it has a plug in for sonar so it syncs right up and works great.

Overall, a great board but the price is a little bit too much for me. Good thing that I found an authorized dealer with a cheap price so I got a good price match as a local store. Because if I didn’t get that discount I would not have got this board. But it is a good quality board and you will love the sounds and functionality of it.