< Tous les avis Godin Freeway 4 Bass

4-string bass guitar from Godin belonging to the Freeway Bass series

kikaldo kikaldo

«  Nice alternative to mainstream low »

Published on 11/24/11 at 14:07
Here is my opinion on the active version:
20 frets
Manufacturing amricaine with Canadian wood.
Handle Saddle Drive
Rosewood
Radius of 40.6 cm (16 in.)
Pitch of 86.4 cm (34 in.)
Nut 3.8 cm (1 1 / 2 in.) (4-string bass)
Body: Mahogany

Mcaniques house, bridge crossing, two microphones godin countrv (Type humbucker) rglages volume, blend neck / bridge, bass, and treble mdiums.

The construction and finish is well worth any US Fender.

It does not move hardly.

SERIES bought at the end of a store in Philadelphia, with the dollar down. Rsultat: I pay something new with 30% discount compared to stores here.

First, be aware that after 20 years of piano, I got the bass. I'm not a big size, small hands, small shoulders.

Photo REPRESENTATIVES the 5 string. Describes the MODEL here is the 4 string.

The handle virtually flat (radius 16) is highly enjoyable for my mimine, since I do not bend the strings to achieve the death of half or ground. It is a dtail, but having had APRS prt 6 months a squier precision that made me suffer, the godin is pure honey.

We can no problem rgler action trs low (approx.2-3 mm).

The neck is thick and slides properly, it is not a bobsleigh track and there are more slippery (Cort, JB Squier vintage modified), but there is no handicap.

It is somewhat bulky and trslgre. For my small frame is apprciable. I do not feel any fatigue in the shoulder APRS knowledge intensive (2-3 hours).

Ais to acute Accs.

The sound is especially trs wood neck pickup. It is a versatile low voluntarily with electronic force. Jazz, funk, rock soft everything is possible. I do not play reggae and I can not speak for this style. In use home studio is a DLIC because the range of sound is super wide. For the slap, the bottom is prcis and treble percussion. The rglage mdium the trs is fine enough to radically change the registry.

Personally, I prfre on a 2 or 4 X 10 'on the 12'.

My style is oriented soul, funk, jazz, with a little rock. His hyper wood neck pickup I use most, although low growth, mdium to 2 / 3 for the slap and acute diminus well. We get all kinds of sounds. I n'affectionne particulirement not the sound of the pickup (but all low).

Qualifiier sound?? Natural wood prcis, round trs round VELOT. When empty, the bass has a nice rsonance. Trs its own. If we had a default: no teeth (certainly due to micro house).

It is a versatile ultra low active. So those looking for a deprecated in a typical orientation (JB, Musicman or precision). To use my home studio, working and BPS (the scne is coming), this low rpond totally my needs.

A 4X10 Nemesis (NC 200?) Perfect. His prcis, pchu, nice attack, no low drooling. Magnificent.

On Peavey 1X12 (in prt): uh hum, it's softer. Matter of taste. I prfre on 10 inches.

1 year.

A squier squier JB and PB, active Cort, Fender JB. The handle of PB n'tait not for my small hands. For JB, the suffering is my body: too heavy and bulky. The handle of the cort silent almost too thin and slippery.

+ +: Sound, precision, fluid touch, flexibility, weight and volume. The assembly, finishing and quality matrial are hyper apprciables and the precision of tuning screws, the quality of mcaniques.
- -: It is an active low, so you must change the battery rgulirement, the microphones are amliorables to gain "gniaque"

If you are looking for something typical old school, or a low bcheron, go your way.
If you are looking for an instrument Camlon, modern-sounding, coming out of the box, you will be convinced.

Since the output of the shifter, the price of the Freeway has hush. Unfortunately Godin is poorly distributed in Europe (for low) and too mconnu. Currently for 1000, you have an instrument of equivalent quality or a Fender suprieure US (the friend who got his prt could not believe it).

In short it is an instrument that I will take a long time, timely and super nice alternative to the low mainsteam market. Report qualitprix excellent. I Rasht even a happy, eyes closed.