Warwick Streamer LX 4
Warwick Streamer LX 4

4-string bass guitar from Warwick belonging to the Streamer LX series.

Jazz Bass man Jazz Bass man

«  Great tool! »

Published on 10/01/13 at 10:43
Warwick Streamer LX4 "made in germany" 2012

AAA flamed maple body finish "natural oil finish"
3D Ultra adjustable easel warwick
Handle three parts made of wenge and ovangkol in touch with 24 frets, nut brass adjustable
Freight Bronze: super solid

1 micro-precision type MEC but in reverse, one such micro MEC jazz bass
It has a 2-band EQ:
- 1 volume knob switchable active / passive
- 1 control the balance between the two microphones
- 1 bass setting
- 1 treble

The handle is a real highway! But it is carved a unique way (between PB and JB) and you can love it as hate. The body is also a sculpted ergonomic which makes it very pleasant to grip the instrument. Access to acute is correct.

The weight is quite high but better balanced than a jazz bass, I who suffers from back I can play for hours without complaining.

The sustain is excellent, the precise mechanical, highly efficient and intuitive electronics, and indeed I have not felt the need to change the preamp (despite a dip in the mids), the sound palette is already huge, and this makes it a versatile instrument.

The oiled wood breathe better if it was painted, and I feel that age better that way. Maintenance is very easy. Only gaffe to belt buckles.

This is a very versatile bass that will suit many styles of music, yet it retains a very distinctive sound Warwick, quite aggressive.

In acute swelling and directing the balance toward the bridge pickup was a typed but its Pasto stuffed amphetamines!
Unlike passing passive and using the microphone Accuracy was a sound move, worthy of the old bass and precision of the greatest players of rock.

Even playing on a small combo 100W Hartke this bass is able to express himself and make the walls shake! ;-)

I use this bass for 2 years, I also have a Jazz bass highway one and they complement each other very well.
I found the perfect at all levels except the absence of an electronic three bands that would have been the icing on the cake ...

I searched for a long time and I fell madly in love with the sound, look, and exceptional build quality of this instrument.

This is not an instrument, but especially given the return on investment is huge! We therefore say that the price / quality ratio is totally justified.

I recommend it to any bass player for its sound range, the rest is a matter of taste!