Ibanez APEX1
deadeert deadeert
Publié le 07/15/09 à 05:56
Value For Money : Correct
View previous opinion.
I use it in ADGCFAD tuning.
I find it hard to adjust the floyd, and I would have preferred a neck-through.

One can find in this guitar the characteristics of Ibanez prestige namely a handle very nice, comfortable and quite slippery.

Access to acute is easy even for the last rope to the little that is not too small fingers. This guitar offers a good compromise in terms of weight fairly light and well balanced, however, has a mahogany body and maple neck. I was pleasantly surprised by playing the first time.

To the sound is a bit trickier, I initially tested this on a Fender guitar hybrid, great for the clean sound, bluesy or jazzy, it was a joke ... The sound was obviously devoid of power, and mediocre.

I then tested on an engl fireball with a mesa cab V30, and I make sure I understood what it was that his powerful, precise, and thick.
The pickups are low output, it requires us to not play on anything like material (the base is still a signature of Munky, I think that not playing on low gain amp, or on marshall MGDFX 50). I find this regrettable.
However, with proper equipment, it really butchered.

One volume knob, personally this is what I prefer, after it removes some potential for some lesser being ... A three position switch complete the sound settings.
It is noted that these two elements are at hand, convenient for quick changes.
To access the floyd must, as always screwed a plate on the back of the guitar. That's when the one that realizes the accuracy of the floyd, but also of its very high sensitivity setting too careful.
It should be noted that it is not necessary to cut the balls to change the strings (useful when one has forgotten his cutter in concert).

Very good performance tuning.
Good grip, even if it takes some time to adapt to regain its bearings from the six strings.

This guitar is rather predestined to use metal, even if it is doing in other areas (I am not able to give too much mediocrity in my opinion having regard to the latter), I think she can s to escape, but it is far from what can come out a guitar of this price in 6 strings (other than for the metal).
In the metal I find really amazing. She can really lend itself to a lot of style. The wood provides a deep sound, rich bass without a well-rounded record 'boiled', the treble is crystalline, without being aggressive (note: it is not a strato either), and subsain is guaranteed (although provided Failure by the microphones).
Namely I tested with a Hellraiser with EMG 85 / 7, to return to the same saturation level with the apex of I mount the volume pot to see gain of 2 3.

However, these pickups are in my taste much more interesting: the sound is already warm, they respect the nuances of fine games. The PM is very clean for the little that is not 100% low pre-amplification. In terms of sounds, it always depends on the hit, but you can really play anything.

I play on a Peavey 5150 II coupled to an H & K V30, mostly the Post-Core, a little math core, and some death core, in all these styles they ring of hell. Can be found by far the sounds to Meshuggah, the Front, Suicide Silence, Texture, (without of course have the same ^ ^).

Try it on a big config, to really understand its value and performance.

I use it for a year or so, and I think not at all to change.
This guitar sounds really good if you have the stuff that follows behind.
I regret that it is equipped with a Floyd, because I think what is very boring for little.
I've tested a K-7, a Universe, a Jackson (€ to 1000 model equipped with an EMG 85 / 7) and a Schecter Hellraiser 7 and the K APEX1 are very close, but a little APEX1 best in terms of weight, and precision of sound (if you like fiddling). The Universe is excellent but a bit more for a game for finer and more free style.
THE Schecter is monstrous but it was not what sound I wanted.

The jackson was far below.
I find the correct value for money is remake that choice, because I'm not over, however.
I think it will suit people who want to buy a 7 string, of good quality, which has quite a good compromise.