Image Line Fruity Loops Studio 5

Fruity Loops Studio 5, Electronic Music Sequencer from Image Line in the Fruity Loops series.

All user reviews for the Image Line Fruity Loops Studio 5

Average Score:4.9( 4.9/5 based on 23 reviews )
 20 reviews87 %
 3 reviews13 %

Image Line Fruity Loops Studio 5
Features. Well, I didn't quite like all of the "extras" Like the ReWired and DX10 and even WASP. I just couldn't get it to do what I wanted and seemed to clutter up. This program is very complicated and has a fairly steep learning curve. Everything does something! This can work to your advange though. I would have liked to see more possibility with effects, and I found some sequencing elements got on my nerves but things like quantising and chopping makes Music FUN!

If you are familiar with this type of program, you shouldn't have much trouble, but due to it's complexity, FL Studio is hard to get the absolite most out of, especially with complicated generators. But things like the 3x oc are very user friendly, and the presets should last you a while. The interface is different, but not annoying. Everything works well together.

The sound quality is superb. Now, I am talking about the (IMO) BEST feature of the professional pack. Styrus. But some of the presets and things it can do are VERY CPU intensive. I would recommend installing an AISO driver to minimise latency. The Only thing I have to criticize is most of the drum samples. They just sound too ....unprofessional. I use this for electronica and It is one of my favorite programs.

Never had a problem, but I have horribly messed up some saves because I was editing in the wrong pattern or something. I would have liked to see more undo levels but this is definitely a professional tool.

I have to love it. I have ever since I got into it, I am using it mostly to create just tracks for fun or mess around and It's awesome. I have reccommended it to all of my friends! It has EVERYTHING I need. My favorite is of course, styrus, the FM, RM Generator behemoth. I love you Fl Studio, Will you marry me?

Originally posted on FutureProducers.com
Posted by: #HL2_SMG (January 0-, 2005)

Image Line Fruity Loops Studio 5
Ever since the first time I grab hold of Fl studio, I feel like I own a studio, ----it can do more than me, and i am trying hard to make it do much as it can !!!!!---- ;-)

$2

Everything is perfect the interface looks like a cockpit And i pretty much like it. And i think it would be more complicate looking in the future release

The sound quality is pretty good or lets put it this way good extremely!!! for a light processor

There is something to say for quality..... The real MIDIKeyboard has progamable sequence like automated clips to sing along....and when it comes to that it gets a little quirky... you run a sequence and when the time for the notes to change come the keyboard will run away "G" from the start to end of the songs while the vocal happily go in a good mood,,,,, and the least you could do is link a controller to the pitch nob and thats when it sounds like an alien spaceship...... but to say Sytrus is a hope at the moment!!!!! but i still think the quality still make up with the rest of the ratings

LOve!!!1... i think the very reason for it to stay installed on my computer is because of this love factor.........and have a copy of it on a CD rom. ;-)

Originally posted on FutureProducers.com
Posted by: Revise ( 9-, 2005)

Image Line Fruity Loops Studio 5
Allot of plugins. FL Keys is very realistic for a synthesized piano!

$105

Very easy to use.

Very "bassy", other wise good.

If you have a slow computer it sucks. You have to have a P4 or better with at least 512 MB of RAM

Its so easy to use. You can make beats and record vocal on it too. It is an easy digital studio.

Originally posted on FutureProducers.com
Posted by: eightrak ( 9-, 2005)

Image Line Fruity Loops Studio 5
FL Studio becomes what you turn it into. For example, it doesn't come with loads of software instruments so you'll have to add some (you get loads of effects though, and they sound great!). FLS is compatible with most protocols, including VST, DX etc. so you don't have to worry about compatibility problems. Some people say that the sound quality of the sampler is bad, but the problem is that FLS internal sampler is set to 75% of the original volume by default (of some reason) and this fools most people (since decreasing the volume slightly makes your ears think it sounds worse). The samplers playback quality is absolutely flawless and it even features some tweaking possibilities (incl. filter, pan, delay, arpeggiator, many ADSR EGs etc.). FLS is the best program when you create music using only software. No doubt.

99 USD

It's VERY easy to use! It's not hard for a beginner and a pro doesn't feel limited. Sophisticated TR-X0X style sequencer and piano roll and a playlist for quick editing. You don't need a MIDI keyboard, but I really recommend you to have one. I made music without a MIDI keyboard a few years before, so it's not impossible.

Well, since it's 32bit float internal I can't complain! This program even made me sell almost all of my hardware gear. The sound quality is totally clean, so if you complain about bad quality you're a bad producer.

Created as an easy to use music creation tool - and it is! This is THE music program! I use Cubase SX2 (and Reason 2.5 occasionally), but FLS is better. If you think FLS is bad handling audio you can use it with Cubase using it as a ReWire-client. It KILLS Reason in all ways.

I ONLY use FLS nowadays! You don't need your hardware gear anymore.

Originally posted on FutureProducers.com
Posted by: Krunchie ( 9-, 2005)

Image Line Fruity Loops Studio 5
Mixers, faders, equalizers...it's all there. Fantastic and realistic setup makes just about anything possible.

$99 USD

Faily easy to pick up, but playing around and experimenting is necessary. It's actually part of the fun if you ask me. Trying things on your own until you figure them out for yourself makes it more satisfying.

Sound quality is good for what's provided. However, if you're looking into making beats more along the lines of hip hop, there aren't many options. Too many techno sounds, which get a little repetetive.

its great, only sometimes you may need to click around til you find what you're looking for.

Obsessed with it...play with it for hours on end. A great way to entertain yourself and be creative.

Originally posted on FutureProducers.com
Posted by: mixinthe206 ( 8-, 2005)

Image Line Fruity Loops Studio 5
There are too many features to list here. For example: Boobass - virtual bass Fruity Slicer - sample slicer Wavetraveller - Wave player (useful for making scratches) Granulizer soundfont player FPC - MPC drum kit emulator 3xOsc - synth FLKeys - piano keys and more... Effects are plentiful but not too great visually. Yoou have to learn about what various parameters mean. For example the compressor is just a bunch of knobs for the various params (threshold, attack, etc..) But therre are a gang of them and the newer effects have much better interfaces. Some of the effects: Vocoder, Reverb, Compression, Parametric EQ, Chorus, Flanger, Delay, Distortion, Stereo Enhancer, and many more... Other great features include: Step sequncing and piano roll, MIDI, Sample Browser, Recording, Timestretching, Automation, Channel Mixer... It has support for DX and VST effects and instruments. It comes with plenty of free sounds and 10x more can be downloaded for free from the SampleFusion site to registered users. My biggest wish for the program is that the would improve the mixer (as of this writing, changes are planned). For example, there is a solo button for the individual mixer channel but no mute. The interface is also a bit hard to use at higher resolutions (1280x1024 and above) because of the small buttons, knobs and sliders. Overall, the good outweighs the bad and for the price you cannot find a better deal.

Price paid

$149 + XXL package over time.

It is very easy to get started with this program. The step sequencer makes drum programming a snap. You will want to learn the more powerful features to maximize your composition though. Things like effect automation and mixer routing are definitely going to open new ground for the beginner but require some study.

The stock sounds have always been a sore point for this program but it should be made clear that the rendering engine is near perfect in the Sinc Modes. There are enough stock sounds to get you going but the first thing you should do is accumulate some new sounds. There are many places on the net to get very good (free and commercial) samples. You can select the rendering method from low quality 'linear' (CPU friendly) to Ultra high quality 'Sinc 256' (CPU heavy). I tend to render using Sinc 64 at 24-bit for most mixdowns which is close to perfect to my ear.

It is very well programmed. Sometimes initial version (ie. From version 4 to 5.0) can have a few bugs that are quickly fixed.

It's great. For $149 you get a lot of bang. Also consider that it's is a lifetime price. I bought FL originally at version 3.x and now I have received 4.x and 5.x FREE OF CHARGE. 6.X is on the horizin with new effects and instruments that will also be free. You cannot find a better deal period.

Originally posted on FutureProducers.com
Posted by: NFX ( 8-, 2005)

Time scretch

$20

Been usin' it for 6 years

Sounds great

Lasts as long as you got it on your computer.

I like it because its easy to use.

Originally posted on FutureProducers.com
Posted by: DJ 2Much ( 7-, 2005)

Image Line Fruity Loops Studio 5
For the price you get some pretty nice features that other sequencers in the price range don't offer. I like the "Start On Input" feature. This is a really helpful feature when recording your MIDI sequences. Basically FL doesn't start recording until you press a key on your MIDI controller or keyboard. The effects in FL are pretty good. The compressor is pretty tight and sounds alright. Nothing to brag about but it gets the job done. The Reverb in FL sucks in my opinion. It sounds too digital to me and there's nothing I hate more than robotic reverb. I suggest getting some effects plugins to use with FL.

$150

Come on now... If you can't make a simple drumloop from the instant you start FL up then you probably shouldn't be making beats. It's pretty much all in front of you. There really is no learning curve. I remember when I first got my EPS-16 it took me a month before I even made a beat but with FL I was up & going in no time.

I think FL has a pretty thin sound compared to other sequencers but with some mixing and various tricks you can make your thin FL beat sound like a thick SP beat. The presets are straight wack and I don't think anybody who buys it should even think about f*cking with them. Sample your own drums and buy some VSTs!

Haven't had much bugs or anything yet so I'm assuming it's pretty nice.

It's cool and all but I think I'll stick to my EPS from now on. I just copped FL to get a little taste of this whole digital world I've been hearing so much about. FL's a great program no doubt but nothing beats hardware in my opinion.

Originally posted on FutureProducers.com
Posted by: I.Q. ( 6-, 2005)

Image Line Fruity Loops Studio 5
If there is anything missing u can just get it in vst form. its got a lot so I aint gonna say anything bad about this one.

Price paid

THE BEST PROGRAM TO START WITH. u get a lot for ur money and u learn the process of recording and arranging beats, loops, etc. Good tool ta have under ur belt if ya ask me.

Not bad at all but im not gonna bow down to it. some eople say its "this n that" but i still use Fl about twice a week for sample and I have no problems with the samples sound quality. Sound quality of the instruments that come with Fl are kinda weak but u just gotta tweak em.
Software last.....

Like I said I love this program because it is easy to use and great for starting off. Nice sequencer so I still find myself using it for sample based beats. I got an Fantom X6 now and like I said I find myself still going bacc to FL every now and then. I'm also putting together a producing team and I throw them on FL while Im on the X6. peace

Originally posted on FutureProducers.com
Posted by: cwrite ( 6-, 2005)

Image Line Fruity Loops Studio 5
Some of the best effects around, compressor, flanger, reeverb, EQing, and many more, not to mention swing and quantize

$99

so easy, the help options explain lots

The preset sounds are wack but u can work with em, i seen done...

never had a problem, most just depends on your PC

I cant produce without it!!

Originally posted on FutureProducers.com
Posted by: Win T-I-P ( 6-, 2005)