PropellerHead Reason 1
PropellerHead Reason 1

Reason 1, Electronic Music Sequencer from PropellerHead in the Reason series.

yoTrakkz 09/05/2011

PropellerHead Reason 1 : yoTrakkz's user review

Propeller head Reason 1 changed the way that I looked at software for music creation. Reason 1.0 was the first time that I saw the power of softwares and wanted to get away from all of the hardware in my studio. I was able to free up a ton of space in my studio at home by getting rid of the hardware and going with Propeller Head Reason 1. Reason had everything that I needed anymore and I had a great run with reason software. Reason allowed me to see the potential that a software has, and it opened up the gateway for me to use a bunch of other programs that created all of the compositions I have made today.

I ran Propeller Reason 1 on my windows xp computer and it worked great, never had 1 single crash or freeze up. Also upgrading it was extremely easy as well, just did an online upgrade it only took about 10 minutes and I had the newest version of Reason. I have been using reason off and on for about 8 years strong, but today I don’t use it as much as I use to . I feel that Reason’s Mixer hasn’t moved into the right direction with the way that I like everything set up. Reason is a very powerful program but I thin they took to much time making it look like a powerful program instead of making it user friendly but still powerful.

Overall Reason is a great software, I wouldn’t recommend it for the beginner because it will throw you for a loop, there are other software’s out on the market that a beginner can try for free and download and if they like it they can purchase. But after you get use to using and sequencing with software I suggest you come back and try Reason.