1/20
Reason Studios Reason 3.0

Thread distorted guitar with reason 3.0

• 3 replies
  • 4 participants
  • 0 follower
1 distorted guitar with reason 3.0
hello ppl:)

i've been messing around now for a little while trying to emulate a nice distorted guitar sound with reason 3. I'm still fairly new to it so i dont know if what i'm hoping to achieve is even possible with the gear i have.

at the moment i've been using a combinator patch from the standard sound bank which provides a nice tone (heavy, overdriven lotsa gain) good fun stuff, but at times it still seems very muddy esp with writing chords

i'd be extremely grateful if someone with more experience than myself could offer some advice or idea. Ideally i'm looking for a sound similar the sound on the smashing pumpkins 'cherub rock' single

although my resources are quite limited i'd be more than happy to consider any alternative suggestion or pointers.

thank you guys very much.

-pat
Hey:),
You can now get a program for inputting incoming audio into Reason. It's called Hammer, by Peter Tools. If you want to plug a guitar into Reason and use Scream, you can.
Cheers,
Nix
Check out this refill www.insaneguitartools.com, it has some amazing combinator guitar patches and clean sounds with chords. I use it all the time.

Bill
hi
iv only just got reason 3 and im wanting to lern it and use a guitar with it, iv got my piano working with it, i have a stealth plug iv just got for use with my guitar,can somebody please tell me how to get my guitar working on reason

thanks