or
Create an account

or

Thread Oberheim Matrix 12

• 0 comment
  • 1 participant
  • 0 follower
1 Oberheim Matrix 12
If anyone is looking for an EXTREMELY powerful vintage analog synth, you might consider the Oberheim Matrix 12. I acquired one this year and, while they aren't cheap (they continue to command a $2000-3500 price tag), they're well worth the investment. I've been programming mine for several months and continue to be astonished by the possibilities, accidental or otherwise. Its fully programmable, had full MIDI implimentation and the modulation routing possibilities are quite endless and very powerful. Deep rich bass, astonishingly beautiful pads and super-phat leads are all possible if one has the patience to explore. This is easily one of the most powerful and reliable analog synthesizers ever created. This synth is, in fact, commonly used to create some of the best professional analog synth samples available today. The Matrix 12 is essentially two Oberheim Xpanders brought together in one keyboard and the Xpander, as some of you may know, was used extensively by Sasha on his CD of the same name, Xpander, a most awesome CD. The Oberheim Matrix 12...an analog dream come true for this user. :D