Apogee Ensemble
Apogee Ensemble

FireWire audio interface from Apogee belonging to the Ensemble series.

Dinasty Prod Dinasty Prod

«  Very good interface »

Publié le 10/08/10 à 15:07
I work on Mac OS as well as Logic Studio 9. I was looking for a 100% integrated interface with my DAW.
That's done. The Apogee Ensemble interface is quite impressing fireware wise. Only drawback is that it can run on PC.
I work with a 15.4 inch macbook 2.53 GHz intel core 2 duo i5. Frankly, even 192khz registration card still runs as well.

The drivers are stable. The drivers are working with MIDI tracks and audio tracks. Up to 20 or 30 tracks with effects plugin Flux or Metric Halo. No bugs and no slowdown. No latency either.

GETTING STARTED

Installation is very easy you just put the last driver update then plugin the card and search. The general setup is easy, but I do not always operate at full capacity. I preferred to download the manual in French for better understanding than the English manual.

I use it for six months already. Before I owned the Apogee Duet, and i like the sound of Apogee interfaces. Very vintage sound that is widely used in the United States.
The price / quality ratio is excellent for a card of this quality. The fact that it is incompatible with windows explains its less-than-exorbitant price compared to other cards that are compatible.
Without any doubt I would repeat this acquisition with my eyes closed.