M-Audio Firewire Solo
M-Audio Firewire Solo

FireWire audio interface from M-Audio belonging to the FireWire series.

Audiofanzine FR Audiofanzine FR
Publié le 12/07/08 à 15:39
(Originally written by elco7/translated from Audiofanzine FR)
Instrument and mic source signals.

SPDIF in/out, headphone out, 1/4" line out

48v phantom power

Very sturdy die-cast housing

Firewire

During installation Windows will warn you that the software is unsigned. Click on accept.

Shut down your computer, connect the Firewire cable and try to configure the Asio driver.

System crash.

Try again.

The update was not compatible with Windows XP in September 2008... I don't know why!

Three system crashes within one year, two successful updates and one update I didn't understand....

GETTING STARTED

Firewire is perfect when you don't want to share a USB port already in use.

I use it at home: good sound quality, easy-to-use interface, sturdy housing... It makes a good impression on other musicians. I've recorded tons of short demos with it. I loved it in the beginning and had no compatibility nor driver problems.

Notice: the clock is sometimes synchronized with synch software like palm or dictaphone... and then you can't make music anymore.

Mine is one year old.

I did a full cleanup of my computer and I never touched this device again. It works, I just have to reinstall it along with Cubase but I don't feel like doing it!