PreSonus FireBox
PreSonus FireBox

FireBox, FireWire audio interface from PreSonus.

greg_dvs 10/30/2011

PreSonus FireBox : greg_dvs's user review

«  Good quality / price ratio »

Full details of the sound card available on the manufacturer's website https://static.audiofanzine.com/images/audiofanzine/interface/smileys/icon_wink.gif
Used with a quad-Pc, 4x2.3 GHz, 4 GB RAM
2 FireWire card with Texas Instruments chipsets

I use it for my records homs studio with Cubase 5 (previously with a less powerful PC and Cubase SX3). I get a latency of about 4ms.

To me the drivers are stable, I fished regularly for updates on the manufacturer's website. Some people do not agree with me, maybe some incompatibilities with some hardware.

This is not pro gear, we agree, but I could record personal projects of exceptional quality with the Firebox.

GETTING STARTED

Trouble-free installation.
Personally I had some trouble detection until I change my FireWire card, I was advised to take a Texas Instrument chipset with 2 and indeed, never had any problems.

I have 5 years, I am very happy.
I have not tried other, I wanted a card connected external FireWire and a phantom in order to register with a condenser microphone.
Well maintained, I have never had any problems with the knobs and input / output ... in short yes, I would do this choice, I have what I wanted to record tracks one by one, very correct quality and cheap.