or
Create an account

or

Thread Quick question about hooking up scarlette 2i4 gen 2 - mixer into computer

• 1 comment
  • 1 participant
  • 1 follower
1 Quick question about hooking up scarlette 2i4 gen 2 - mixer into computer
so, i want to put my mic in my mixer, then the OUT of my mixer into the INPUT on the interface, so a RCA - 1/4 adapter? then how would i get the audio on my PC OUT to the interface? is it done VIA USB? Cause I want to be able to hear the PC sounds and my microphone via headphones at the same time. I was thinking i had to run it to the soundcard on my pc.. but the interface will be the soundcard. Does the USB cover the IN and OUT to the pc? I wouldn't think so.. so will i need to run OUT from mixer into interface and then out of interface to the in of the mixer?
i'm really confused I just ordered it and want to make sure i order any cables that i need to hook it up and have it going. I have watched videos and none that i have found have covered the question of being able to hear audio from the DAW at the same time of recording.. and if i only need the interface connected by the USB.. please let me know soon as you can so I can get all parts at the same time

thank you so much in advance
anyone?