or
Create an account

or

Thread Configuring OBS (open broadcast software) for audio recording with an 18i/20

• 0 comment
  • 1 participant
  • 1 follower
1 Configuring OBS (open broadcast software) for audio recording with an 18i/20
I use OBS. I want to use my microphones with a Focusrite 18i/20 and OBS to record audio while I capture video from another source. Should be straightforward but I have a problem doing this with my 18i/20. I don't seem to be able to configure it correctly.

Windows 10
Focusrite 18i/20 (Focusrite Control software)
Cubase 10
AT2020 microphone with phantom power.

You can see I have a microphone signal in Analogue Channel 6 with phantom power on.
focusrite-control-jpg.71148

I have no problem hearing the microphone through Cubase 10 for example. I use the ASIO Focusrite driver and add the channel with the microphone plugged in through the XLR port behind on input 6. So I can record audio and then edit with a video later. However, doing both together at the same time would be easier.

I add an Audio Input Capture for the Focusrite.

ods-an12-jpg.71149

I do notice it says 1+2 (not 6). I wonder if this is just a limitation of the system? Why not offer me all the available inputs?

Maybe there is a way in Focusrite Control to set this up?

There is no sound coming through on the levels in OBS at all. I tried to select Mono also.

ods-no-sound-jpg.71150

The following tutorial did not help.

https://support.focusrite.com/hc/en-gb/articles/360005040720-How-to-set-up-your-audio-interface-in-OBS-Open-Broadcaster-Software-on-Windows

I suspect the problem has to do with me using input channel 6 and OBS only seeing channels 1 and 2.

[ Post last edited on 05/16/2021 at 09:34:21 ]