Become a member
Become a member

or
Continue with Google

or

Thread Configuring OBS (open broadcast software) for audio recording with an 18i/20

• 0 comment
  • 1 participant
  • 1 follower
ScarlettBatman

ScarlettBatman

3 posts
New AFfiliate
First post
1 Posted on 05/16/2021 at 09:32:16
I use OBS. I want to use my microphones with a Focusrite 18i/20 and OBS to record audio while I capture video from another source. Should be straightforward but I have a problem doing this with my 18i/20. I don't seem to be able to configure it correctly.

Windows 10
Focusrite 18i/20 (Focusrite Control software)
Cubase 10
AT2020 microphone with phantom power.

You can see I have a microphone signal in Analogue Channel 6 with phantom power on.
focusrite-control-jpg.71148

I have no problem hearing the microphone through Cubase 10 for example. I use the ASIO Focusrite driver and add the channel with the microphone plugged in through the XLR port behind on input 6. So I can record audio and then edit with a video later. However, doing both together at the same time would be easier.

I add an Audio Input Capture for the Focusrite.

ods-an12-jpg.71149

I do notice it says 1+2 (not 6). I wonder if this is just a limitation of the system? Why not offer me all the available inputs?

Maybe there is a way in Focusrite Control to set this up?

There is no sound coming through on the levels in OBS at all. I tried to select Mono also.

ods-no-sound-jpg.71150

The following tutorial did not help.

https://support.focusrite.com/hc/en-gb/articles/360005040720-How-to-set-up-your-audio-interface-in-OBS-Open-Broadcaster-Software-on-Windows

I suspect the problem has to do with me using input channel 6 and OBS only seeing channels 1 and 2.

[ Post last edited on 05/16/2021 at 09:34:21 ]

cookies
We are using cookies!

Yes, Audiofanzine is using cookies. Since the last thing that we want is disturbing your diet with too much fat or too much sugar, you'll be glad to learn that we made them ourselves with fresh, organic and fair ingredients, and with a perfect nutritional balance. What this means is that the data we store in them is used to enhance your use of our website as well as improve your user experience on our pages (learn more). To configure your cookie preferences, click here.

We did not wait for a law to make us respect our members and visitors' privacy. The cookies that we use are only meant to improve your experience on our website.

Our cookies
Cookies not subject to consent
These are cookies that guarantee the proper functioning of Audiofanzine and allow its optimization. The website cannot function properly without these cookies. Example: cookies that help you stay logged in from page to page or that help customizing your usage of the website (dark mode or filters).
Google Analytics
We are using Google Analytics in order to better understand the use that our visitors make of our website in an attempt to improve it.
Advertising
This information allows us to show you personalized advertisements thanks to which Audiofanzine is financed. By unchecking this box you will still have advertisements but they may be less interesting :) We are using Google Ad Manager to display part of our ads, or tools integrated to our own CMS for the rest.

We did not wait for a law to make us respect our members and visitors' privacy. The cookies that we use are only meant to improve your experience on our website.

Our cookies
Cookies not subject to consent

These are cookies that guarantee the proper functioning of Audiofanzine. The website cannot function properly without these cookies. Examples: cookies that help you stay logged in from page to page or that help customizing your usage of the website (dark mode or filters).

Google Analytics

We are using Google Analytics in order to better understand the use that our visitors make of our website in an attempt to improve it. When this parameter is activated, no personal information is sent to Google and the IP addresses are anonymized.

Advertising

This information allows us to show you personalized advertisements thanks to which Audiofanzine is financed. By unchecking this box you will still have advertisements but they may be less interesting :) We are using Google Ad Manager to display part of our ads, or tools integrated to our own CMS for the rest.

You can find more details on data protection in our privacy policy.
You can also find information about how Google uses personal data by following this link.