or
Create an account

or

Thread Hum When Using 2 Scarletts

• 0 comment
  • 1 participant
  • 1 follower
Sujet de la discussion Hum When Using 2 Scarletts
Folks, I am having a difficult time with a hum coming through my audio stream when using 2 Scarlett 2i2s together. Below is my diagram of my system setup:

PreSonus StudioLive 32 (the source of my audio) --> MacBook Pro (Studio One 5, mixing the audio from StudioLive) --> 2i2* (output) --> 2i2** (input) --> MacMini (using Wirecast to control cameras and add the audio from the MacBook) --> 2i2** --> Monitor Speakers

When I play an audio file in Wirecast from the MacMini's hard drive, everything sounds beautiful. However, when I add audio stream from the MacBook Pro, I suddenly get this high-pitched hum. I've connected the 2i2* directly to the monitors and there is no hum, it's not the MacBook or its associated 2i2*. I've swapped out the 2i2** connected to the MacMini with another 2i2 and have the same issue. All cables have been replaced multiple times (and the hum comes over the headphone jack on the 2i2** as well as the feed to the monitors).

I'm at a loss of how to resolve this issue.

I am open to other suggestions on how to get the audio from the MacBook Pro to the MacMini.

Thoughts?