or
Create an account

or

Thread Control 2802 Conflict with Cubase 7

• 2 replies
  • 3 participants
  • 3 followers
1 Control 2802 Conflict with Cubase 7
I recently purchased a manufacturer's refurbished Focusrite Control 2802 to incorporate it into my system with Cubase 7.5 and my MacPro 10.8.5. There have been nothing but problems. I am now on my 3rd iteration of this Console. The company that sends these out says that it has been QC'd top to bottom, but when I plug it into my system, it doesn't work. Three times this has happened. I have been in constant contact with a very nice staff of technicians who can't find the problem. Is there anyone out there who uses the Focusrite 2802 with Cubase who might be able to help me solve this problem.
Hey Jim,

So you've already reached out to Focusrite. Doing a quick search, I noticed you reached out directly to Steinberg, where you mentioned they will be sending you a 3rd unit.

Was your post after having received the 3rd unit? i.e. are you still experiencing issues?

If they send you 3 models and you still have the same issues, then I highly doubt the issue is due to a faulty model.

In these cases, there are always the basic troubleshooting steps, which I'd assume both Steinberg and Focusrite walked you through. For example: are any relevant drivers up-to-date? Have you used the same cables with another console or device to insure the issue is not cable-related?

Does your computer recognize the Control 2802, i.e. is it simply Cubase that doesn't recognize the device? Any potential for a faulty computer connection?

According to Focusrite US, the 2802 should certainly be compatible with Cubase.

I've attached a few PDF's on the control 2802 product page on Audiofanzine. You've probably already seen them, but take a look and make sure the control 2802 is properly wired and configured. Here's a link to the 2802 setup summary and here's the link for the Wiring Setup Diagram.

If none of this advice seems to resolve your issue, I would try and contact Cubase and/or Focusrite support in different countries, i.e. UK, USA, etc. If none of the support teams can help you out, then perhaps it's time to consider another product.

Good luck.
Hi Jim,

Can you specify exactly how it isn't working for you?
Please do reach out to us directly if you need any help, I'm sure we can get you up and working:

https://global.focusrite.com/answerbase/contact

We have recently updated our connectivity diagrams (in the Technical Tips section of the link below), they can be found here, both a diagram for Rednet (or any DB-25 based interface), as well as connections with Saffires (or any XLR/TRS based interface):

https://uk.focusrite.com/downloads?product=Control+2802

Please let us know if you need anything else.
Simon // Focusrite Technical Support