Tutorials
Reviews
Classified Ads

Thread Focusrite Control Keeps Forgetting My Preset

• 1 comment
  • 2 participants
  • 2 followers
1 Focusrite Control Keeps Forgetting My Preset
I wish Focusrite Control would stay on the "System Playback" preset but every now and then when I start my system, it has forgotten that I selected this preset and reverts back to the default routing which plays the inputs on my output. This is very annoying since I will be recording an instrument in my DAW and uncheck the record button on the track and still hear the instrument in my speakers/headphones and have to go switch it back to the System Playback preset to get it working right again. I used to wonder why the heck are my instruments still playing until I remember, oh yeah, Focusrite Control, let's see if it reset again and lo behold it has. Figuring it out way faster each time but now it's just getting old. Why does it keep forgetting the preset? Why does it only happen every now and then and not every time you restart? I have tried creating a snapshot and it doesn't make a difference until I load it.

Furthermore, if I don't want any routing at all besides system playback on the monitors and headphones, do I even need Focusrite Control? Can I just uninstall it and still have system monitoring plus all other basic functionality?
Same for me. I asked Focusrite support and got no solution. Did you fix it ?