or
Create an account

or

Thread Focusrite Saffire firewire WORKING with Windows 10 Creators Update

• 24 replies
  • 16 participants
  • 16 followers
1 Focusrite Saffire firewire WORKING with Windows 10 Creators Update
Just wanna share after trying all sort of things....
My Focusrite Saffire firewire is finally WORKING with Windows 10 Creators Update.
How to do:
Download 1394 OHCI Compliant Host Controller {Legacy)from the Windows site.
Install it.
Then set it as driver for your firewire.
Open Windows Powershell (administrator) and type
bcdedit /set testsigning on
This puts your pc in test mode.
Restart computer
Now install saffire-2.71.exe from focusrite and install.
Windows 10 will not like it, but install anyway after the notification.
Saffire is working now!
:-)
Open Windows Powershell (administrator) and type:
bcdedit /set testsigning off
Restart

You're in normal windows mode again
&
Voila!
Now you have your Saffire working under Windows 10

How this helps the many with this issue!
Themanandhismusic

Show first post
Hey guys! I am new here precisely because of this problem. I have a Focusrite Saffire PRO 26io running on Windows 10 PRO 20H2 version. I have the interface installers in 2.61 and 2.62 versions and I can install the interface on the system, but when I'm recording some glitches happen like quick pink noises during the recording. As my interface is a PRO version, the installer in version 2.71 does not work for me, correct? Has anyone been through this and would you know to tell me if you have any solution? Thanks!
Hi,

I have just come to use my Focurite Saffire PRO 14 with Windows 10, the latest 20H2 build. It was working under Windows 10, build 1809, in 2020, but now is not. It's not practical to roll my PC back to the Windows 10 build 1809.

Does anyone know if the steps given in this thread will breathe life back into my interface?

Thanks
Well nothing to lose so I tried the steps. They did not work. I also tried replacing a mix control bin file for version 3.7 with the one from version 3.4, as suggested in another thread, that did not work for me either.
I recently bought a brand new PC to replace my old win 7 recording rig and I wasn't aware of the issues with Windows 10 and my Focusrite Saffire.

However, I can safely say that IT DOES WORK.

I followed some of the steps as described and it seems the main issue which people will encounter is a failure to lock-in a sample rate.

I think some of this is actually caused by Windows trying to fetch a sample rate which the device may be locked into by the Mixcontrol software or even the DAW and I found that Windows seems to try fetching 96khz by default (while of course the max on the Saffire is 48khz). I found once I set windows on-board sound manager to fetch 48khz by default, a lot of the problems in locking-in sample rates vanished.
Anyone tried if the magic white still works even on the new 21H1 Windows 10 Update? I'm afraid to update at the moment. Thank you guys
Hi all, thanks a lot in advance, I've been gifted with one of this interfaces, (F.S. Pro14) And my current Os is Win 10 LTSC 1809, My Firewire base is the main port of a Sound Blaster Audigy (sb090) and i've tryed both firewire driver, the Creative and microsoft's, but no lite fron FW led, and I have Saffire 2.1.exe, and saffire-mixcontrol-v 2.43, 3.4 and 3.7, I need advice if anyone has like-scenario, or better to get a newer Pci firewire card?, I've tryed the steps above with no luck, thanks again.
Quote from Paulo:
Hi all, thanks a lot in advance, I've been gifted with one of this interfaces, (F.S. Pro14) And my current Os is Win 10 LTSC 1809, My Firewire base is the main port of a Sound Blaster Audigy (sb090) and i've tryed both firewire driver, the Creative and microsoft's, but no lite fron FW led, and I have Saffire 2.1.exe, and saffire-mixcontrol-v 2.43, 3.4 and 3.7, I need advice if anyone has like-scenario, or better to get a newer Pci firewire card?, I've tryed the steps above with no luck, thanks again.
Unfotunally nope. My white unit works win10 20H2 but I got a Pro14 to and it does not work on windows 10, tried a lot of tricks and workaround but no one of them worked. So sad. Still no news for the white unit on 21H1 update
So, anyone updated to win 10 21H2 and tested Saffire?
I have updated to win 21H2 but my Focusrite Saffire isn't working. In device manager I clicked on the first "68...." category. From there I clicked on Focusrite and installed drivers as it seemed win 10 already had them. Focusrite booted and turned on green lights. I thought it was going to work but when I went to play music it didn't. In windows' "sound" section I couldn't see Focusrite as one of the options for playback. So now I'm still trying to see if reinstalling and adding drivers will help but I doubt it.
Thank you for letting us know. Please give us some update of your experience in case.