or
Create an account

or

Thread Focusrite Saffire firewire WORKING with Windows 10 Creators Update

• 24 replies
  • 16 participants
  • 16 followers
1 Focusrite Saffire firewire WORKING with Windows 10 Creators Update
Just wanna share after trying all sort of things....
My Focusrite Saffire firewire is finally WORKING with Windows 10 Creators Update.
How to do:
Download 1394 OHCI Compliant Host Controller {Legacy)from the Windows site.
Install it.
Then set it as driver for your firewire.
Open Windows Powershell (administrator) and type
bcdedit /set testsigning on
This puts your pc in test mode.
Restart computer
Now install saffire-2.71.exe from focusrite and install.
Windows 10 will not like it, but install anyway after the notification.
Saffire is working now!
:-)
Open Windows Powershell (administrator) and type:
bcdedit /set testsigning off
Restart

You're in normal windows mode again
&
Voila!
Now you have your Saffire working under Windows 10

How this helps the many with this issue!
Themanandhismusic

Show first post
Waiting for this as well. Managed to update legacy driver but Saffire does not seem to communicate.
korg Zero 4 works ok - W10 21H1 64
I hope this might help some of you. I have a Focusrite Liquid Saffire 56 connected to a Texas Instruments 1394 Firewire controller. I only recently upgraded to Windows 10, from Windows 7 (The best OS). I really didn’t want to, but I did anyway. After upgrading, my Focusrite was still working, but I soon started having problems. At first, the sound was cutting in and out and staticky sounding. Then it stopped working all together. It still showed up in Windows device manager, but no sound would come out. I uninstalled and reinstalled many times. I used the legacy firewire drivers etc. but still would not work. Here’s what my issue was. Another program (video editor) was changing the sample rate in my sound device settings to 192000 Hz. The Focusrite could not handle this. I changed the setting back to 24 bit 48000 Hz several times before noticing the following settings check box. “Allow applications to take exclusive control of this device”. I then changed back to 48000 (under Playback) and uncheck this box. I also selected “8 channel, 24 bit, 48000 Hz in the Recording settings and also uncheck the box so applications cannot take control of my sound device. The Focusrite has been working fine ever since.
Hi Audiojohn, in your post you say you got your saffire 56 working on windows 10, i'm hoping to do the same. Did you get saffire mixcontrol working or are you only using a set of drivers with your saffire56?
thanks
5902276.png
Guys, thanks everyone! I managed to get the white Focusrite Saffire working with Windows 10 22H2! Let's start from the beginning, the system is a carPC with q8400s socket 775 CPU, Gigabyte ga-73pvm-s2h motherboard with integrated TI TSB43AB23 chip, now I'm upgrading from Windows 7 to 10 to be able to access the web. I started from version 1507. With the 1709 update the sound card can only be installed by changing the IEEE1394 driver with the legacy version, then I received the update directly to 22H2. To install the device correctly, I have: 1. Disabled driver signing. 2. Disabled automatic driver updating. 3. Deleted all permissions to the Windows/System32/driver folder for SYSTEM and TrustedInstaller users. 4. Enter Test Mode and reboot. 5. Run setup 2.7 and allow the installation of unsigned drivers. 6. Enter device management, there will be two non-functioning Focusrite Saffire devices, the first will need to be updated with 61883/Focusrite/Saffire, the second called "Focusrite Saffire AV/C Subunit" with Focusrite/Saffire wdm, I recommend doing it in this order, and after waiting several minutes, suddenly I hear the Focusrite relays activating, from there it started working perfectly, I uninstalled and reinstalled and at that point it also upgraded the firmware correctly (on the second attempt :oops: , better not to do it). I changed the IEEE1394 driver to the Windows one and it works the same. In the device management tab I still have a non-working device, leave it like that and don't try to remove it. Some steps I've done are probably superfluous, but now I'm testing how well it works, when I do the final installation I'll be able to be more precise, in the meantime, thank you for the excellent advice!

[ Post last edited on 12/07/2023 at 13:26:43 ]

I did a fresh install of Windows 10 22h2, The exact sequence for installing the Saffire drivers is this: • disable driver updating.
• Authorize unsigned drivers via the Windows PowerShell(administrator) by typing "bcdedit /set nointegritychecks on" and reboot.
• download the driver "1394_OHCI_LegacyDriver.msi" from the Windows site, install the driver.
• open the "C:\Program Files (x86)\1394 OHCI Compliant Host Controller (Legacy)\X64_driver\" folder, right click on "Legacy1394.inf" and select Install to install the driver, go to device manager, expand the "IEEE 1394 Bus Host Controllers" entry and change the existing IEEE 1394 driver to "1394 OHCI Compliant Host Controller (Legacy)".
• open the path "C:\windows\System32" and right click on the drivers folder, change the owner of the folder to administrators, give it full control of the folder, delete all permissions on the drivers folder for SYSTEM users and TrustedInstaller and reboot.
• Install saffire 2.71, allow unsigned drivers, do not upgrade the firmware
• go to device manager and right click on "Focusrite Saffire AV/C audio", update driver with "61883 device/Focusrite/Saffire", once this is done the card's relays trip and a new device without drivers appears, "IEEE 1394 WDM Audio Device",
5907413.png

this device needs to be updated with the "Audio Video and Game Devices/Focusrite/Saffire WDM" driver, then update the "Focusrite Saffire AV/C subunit" device with the "61883 device/Focusrite/Saffire" driver, now another device "IEEE 1394 WDM Audio Device" appears to which you can assign the "audio video and game devices/Focusrite/saffire WDM" driver. Now if you have done all the steps correctly you no longer have any peripherals with the exclamation mark and the sound card works correctly. I tried installing with the Windows "Texas Instrument 1394 OHCI Compliant Controller" driver, skipping the entire installation of the Legacy drivers and it worked anyway, but it is still recommended to use the Legacy driver.
I also tried a Digitus card with Via VT6315N chipset and it worked very well.

These are the 4 devices you need to see:
5907408.png
5907409.png
5907410.png
5907411.png
5907414.png

Sometimes after the first installation of the driver, I had episodes of instability, which were resolved by uninstalling and reinstalling following the above procedure.

To restore the permissions of the driver folder you need to proceed in reverse, to add the TrustedInstaller user you need to enter the "Enter the object name to select" window by typing 'NT Service\TrustedInstaller' as the name of the new user, and give him complete control of the folder, to insert SYSTEM we must type "SYSTEM" and then click on check name and press ok, we give it permission to modify the folder, then we change the owner of the folder from administrator to TrustedInstaller and confirm. I hope it can be useful to those who don't want to give up this excellent sound card. If I had to replace it, the only alternative with 8 line outs, USB connection and 12V power supply is the Motu Ultralite mk5 which has a nice cost.

[ Post last edited on 12/24/2023 at 00:03:04 ]