or
Create an account

or

Thread SAFFIRE PRO 14 crackling after recording from mic

• 0 comment
  • 1 participant
  • 1 follower
1 SAFFIRE PRO 14 crackling after recording from mic
I've been using my saffire pro 14 for years. On Sunday, I recorded vocals for about 14 tracks. All recordings sounded fine while recording live (no crackling) but, upon playback, tracks 8-14 were crackling. So "something" broke while recording. This means there was no software change or driver change or any of that stuff.

Suffice it to say, everything I record from this mic sounds fine while recording but is crackled and garbled upon playback.

I swapped out everything one by one and even replaced the saffire 14 with a presonus audiobox and isolated the problem to the saffire 14 front recording inputs. No matter what input I use or mic I use (phantom or not), I get crackling when recording from a mic. If I plug in my piano, the recordings do NOT have any crackling.

To summarize,

1 using both a phantom mic and a non-phantom mic in either of the front inputs results in capturing a recording WITH crackling and distortion
2 an instrument plugged into those inputs results in capturing a recording WITHOUT crackling and distortion
3 using those same mics and cables with a presonus audiobox interface results in capturing a recording WITHOUT crackling and distortion