or
Create an account

or

Thread Newbie requires help with Saffire Pro 24 connections.

• 2 replies
  • 3 participants
  • 3 followers
1 Newbie requires help with Saffire Pro 24 connections.
Hi,

I have been DJing for over a decade and I have recently taken the first steps in to production. My DJ setup consists of 2 x Technics 1210's, 2 x Pioneer CDJ1000's, a Pioneer DJM700 and a pair of Alesis M1 Active MkII's. I recently got a MacBook Pro and a copy of Traktor Pro as well.

Having talked to a lot of friends who are in to production, I decided to go for Ableton Live as my DAW. I probably should have asked their advice on which sound card to go for as well, because having decided on the Focusrite Saffire Pro 24, I can't seem to get any help in connecting it up!!

I've managed to route audio from Ableton out through the Saffire Pro and in to my DJM700 so that I can listen in on my M1's. But I have to admit, that was more through luck that anything else. Now I'm trying to route the 2 decks within Traktor to 2 channels on the DJM700 for external mixing, and I'm getting in a right state!

I've read both the Saffire Pro and Traktor manuals from cover to cover, hunted through the Focusrite and Native Instruments websites and posted questions in several forums, but I can't find the info I'm looking for.

If anyone can point me towards anything that may help (such as a simple input - output diagram, or an example of how to set up Saffire Mix Control) I would be eternally grateful!

Steve
I had a Saffire pro 24 and now a pro 40 so lets see if we can get you going. The hardware has inputs and outputs. so first:

I am assuming outputs 1 and 2 go to your monitors.

I am assuming that Ableton is using the ASIO driver, under preferences and that the outputs and inputs are enabled in Ableton.

I dont know about the traktor stuff as I am not a DJ but i assume somewhere you have to route to and maybe from that device.

This is a reasonable video http://www.focusrite.com/answerbase/en/article.php?id=1010

In essence the mixcontrol has the mix tabs on along the top, this allows you to create various mixes from the inputs, you do that by selecting the input boxes just below the tabs and selecting the input you want the pro 24 has about 6 in ports. The mix can be routed in the output section ie the bottom left hand quadrant of saffire mix control. just click in the boxes and you will see the routing choices of Inputs, DAWs or mixes.

I find it handy to rename the inputs so example anlg 1 could be the mic etc, the names can be entered just about the output section below the input level control.

The video shows all this quite well.

HI Steve,

Thanks for the post and sorry you've having some issues.
PB21 makes some good points and gives some good advice, however if you're still having issues, you may find it easier to give us a call so we can talk through your setup and perhaps organise a Team Viewer session so we can remotely see what is happening with Traktor etc.
Our customer number is: +44 1494 462246
If you're in the US, our US office is: (310) 322-5500

Best regards
Simon// Focusrite Technical Support