or
Create an account

or

Thread Using Saffire Mix control with outboard gear?

• 1 comment
  • 2 participants
  • 2 followers
1 Using Saffire Mix control with outboard gear?
I hope someone can help me. This is very frustrating :x:
I am trying to set up Saffire mix control to use an Eventide Eclipse as an aux send for mixing/effects in my DAW.
I am completely lost as how to do this. I know I have to route the audio from my DAW to go out my saffire pro 24 into the eclipse and then out back into the saffire inputs.
I have read the saffire manual and find their mix control software very confusing. I have looked here:

https://us.focusrite.com/answerbase/how-do-i-set-up-and-use-an-external-effects-processor-as-an-insert-when-mixing

. .but I still do not understand. I don't understand the DAW1, DAW2 and so on.. Also the numbered buttons above the monitor presets only turn blue or red when I click them. .? I don't even know why they are there. :???:

I plan on using the S/PDIF in/outs for this but I don't have the cables yet. Maybe it is easier that way.

Any help is very much appreciated!

Hi Nickpancake,

Thanks for your thread.

You have to understand that DAW stands for your digital audio workstation's (Cubase, Live, Logic, Pro Tools etc.) return feed. For instance output 3 and 4 in your DAW is DAW 3 and DAW 4 in Saffire Mix Control. You can of course assign these DAW return feeds to the Saffire Pro 24 DSP's digital output to your outboard gear.

Should you have any further queries, please don't hesitate to contact our support.

With best regards

Marcel // Focusrite Novation Support