Ableton Live 8
Ableton Live 8

General Sequencer from Ableton belonging to the Live 8 series.

vincislex vincislex

«  Brilliant and intuitive »

Published on 06/14/12 at 01:23
The installation is done it without problem?
Mac, no worries. Downloaded from Ableton. Instant. I took advantage of a discount point of -33% from Intro Live at Live 8.

Have you encountered any incompatibilities?
The general configuration is easy?
Software "easy" in appearance but very comprehensive and powerful
The manual is clear and sufficient? ..

Downloaded from the website and in French. Complete, clear and very well translated. But it is a "manual" which explains each feature. Follow the tutorials is essential.

What is the configuration of your computer?
Mac Book Pro Dual Core + basic sound card Edirol UA-25
The software runs he correctly on this configuration?
Yep! For my use it's perfect = not dreaming of your armor pieces of virtual instruments on my config. But despite all that is rotating and the limits are broad, though. It depends on your needs.

How long you use it?
2 years + 1 day. I made my weapons on Live Intro (light version) before I decided to upgrade to the full version. I am not disappointed. The differences between the two versions are really interesting ... and I slowly discovered the subtleties.
What is so special that you love the most, least?
More on:
- Interface: While a single screen (it may disturb some). There is not a thousand windows. The sleek look and simple device that mimics no "physical" can easily take over any tool. Ultra efficient.
- The "philosophy" nonlinear mode "Clip" which allows you to run loops in the environment ... I love and it fits well with my way of composing music.
- The entire test, free for 30 days. It's starting to come, but Ableton allows everyone the opportunity to test 30 days any software before buying it (you can just not save or export) ... It costs nothing and it is not important to test if the software quietly for you, if your hardware holds up ... I would have loved to try Pro Tools (the leader) and I never found a demo ... Too bad for them ...
- The "control surfaces". I bought an Akai MPD24 Launchpad and taking their full dimension here Live to drive. The "pre-mapping" in Live can really plug and play and work intuitively.

The least:
- Enough "typed" ... sound effects are very marked by defects "electro" and it is difficult at first to make a mix "simple" with conventional tools. Intro version is also very limited in setting tools ...
- Automation is not the easiest solution that exists ... but it works.
- File management: Wow! It's complicated (such as competition, for that matter) Live operates on a certain file organization ... It's not ultra-convenient ... but must get used to.

Did you tried many other models before buying it? Several, yes ... and I flashed on Live Intro (smaller but still effective) before buying the full version. How would you rate the quality / price? Almost perfect. It's certainly not the cheapest software on the market ... but it is stable, well-designed, original and powerful. The many instruments / samples provided can touch full of musical styles without breaking the bank too. The "Shop" Ableton can add sounds, instruments to map what I find a good policy ... With experience, you do again this choice? I will not change from soft, so it sticks to my way of working. on the other hand, as with all others for that matter, you really take the time to learn his favorite software ... These are powerful tools and complete that one can understand a few clicks. The time invested in learning will be a plus for the future.