< Tous les avis Ableton Live 8

General Sequencer from Ableton belonging to the Live 8 series

polishdog90 polishdog90

« Good for creative mixing »

Published on 08/08/11 at 04:05
There was no comparability issues on my Mac. It was a pretty simple put in the disc and install situation. If you've installed a program before you should have no trouble with this one. The general layout of the program is pretty easy to navigate as well. There was a little bit of a learning curve but that's usual for a new program. It took some messing around with the song block feature of the program to achieve results but once you get the hang of it it's simple.

Firstly, I'm running this on a Macbook Pro OSX 10.6.8 with 2.4Ghz processor and 2 GBs of ram. I've never had any issues mixing or tracking with the software. I've only recorded 8 tracks at a time but everything went smoothly. I've mixed with somewhere around 30 tracks without any crashes. I've used several plug ins and they all worked fine. No complaints from me in the performance category.

I really like Ableton for writing music on the computer. The song block, looping, and live mixing make it really easy to have a creative flow. As for tracking and mixing a live band, I prefer Pro Tools or Logic. I just think the tracking and mixing layouts are nicer and the programs themselves sound better. Ableton is super nice for electronic music and live performance. You can easily splice a song and add/subtract parts in real time. This makes DJing exciting and easy. It also makes it really easy to write while recording. You just start a loop and keep adding things until your ready to move on to another part. It was a pretty good deal for the price but if I didn't make electronic music I would hardly use this program at all. Most of the time I end up slaving reason to pro tools for recording and production.