< Tous les avis Cockos Reaper 2
Cockos Reaper 2
Cockos Reaper 2

General Sequencer from Cockos belonging to the Reaper series

hhub17 hhub17

«  there is no better! »

Published on 03/02/11 at 07:23
Flawless installation, fast and without difficulty on Windows XP, Win 7 and under Wine with Jack Wineasio and in different versions of Linux: Ubuntu Studio 8, 10 and whose variants tangostudio KX studio, Fedora 12.

The general configuration does not seem very difficult but it is true that I am beginning to know by heart. We must above all learn and know the principles of ASIO for recording in real time and without latency multitrack, and effects plugins (VST, including but not only), instruments (VSTi) and you begin to s and to acknowledge.

The interface is intuitive as for multitrack magneto I've ever had: there are tracks, must be cocked, determine where it makes the sound that you hear the track etc..

Very simple with few tracks, and very very powerful.

VAIO Athlon 2X II 340, 4 GB RAM, Toneport UX1, UX2 sometimes (but it has blown somewhere and not work well), and 4 USB Multimix.

In Win 7, UbuntuStudio 8.04, Fedora CCRMA XII, TANGOSTUDIO, KX STUDIO ... I put everything in the multiboot, while running with the Multimix (no usable driver for Linux Toneport, yuck)

Correct performance without more, I think 3.4, but I do not know the scale.

Works flawlessly, very few bugs, except when I forget to start first and run Qjackctrl Wineasio. Once started, impeccable, whatever my track count and VST more or less heavy.

Stable configuration, never freezes or crashes in these conditions.

I REAPER for at least three years after finding that Audacity was not really a multitrack recording software.

I tested various other, sometimes as simple as a demo version but never paying expensive software. Linux, for free there are things like, "almost" as well (Ardour + Rosegarden + Jack ... etc.)

I like everything: cheap, powerful, intuitive, multi-platform and OS, but receives many VST is already equipped with the essentials to turn. And install on an external drive or a USB key, as very lightweight and well written.

Like less withdrawals versions all the time because I have to upgrade my OS and all configurations can be different if I do not take care.

The trial version not restrained, with 5 seconds delay at startup to remind that this is a demo is free! ! We do not share the best free software. The paid version is less personal than a game console: unbeatable value for money in my opinion.

With experience, I would first hand over Ardour free, or I would start testing REAPER free to give me a hand, and I would resume a license because I have not found anything better yet.