PreSonus Studio One Professional
PreSonus Studio One Professional

General Sequencer from PreSonus belonging to the Studio One 1 series.

Wedges2 Wedges2

« My favorite DAW »

Publié le 04/16/11 à 09:38
Studio One is very much like other DAWs so if your switching from another one it will be a pretty seemless transition. If getting started with Studio One without any prior DAW experience it still will be pretty easy. To me the features in Studio One are very easily accesible. The layout is so clean and organized. Studio One runs fine on my Gateway running Windows XP. (2GB RAM, 2.0GHz processor)

It isn't very CPU intensive and I'm saying that while using a bad computer for music. I've been using it for over a year and I'm still sticking with it. It rarely crashes. I use Studio One for recording vocals only, so I can't speak on making beats. I know FL makes it much easier to connect midi controllers and integrate hardware. With my setup when using Studio One, which is all hardware, I don't have problems with it.

Studio One is truly great when recording and mixing a song. I've never had such an easy time mixing in any other program. Recording is a breeze as well.

The stock plugins with Studio One are up there with plugins you have to pay for. I know I love the delay, EQ, and reverb. I've never used the compressor but I'm sure it's pretty good.

If you want a smooth time recording a song, editing audio, and mixing it FL is definatly the program for you. To top it off it comes with a "Mastering Section" that I've used for mastering an album. It's very easy to make the levels of the tracks even, and to trim the beginning and ends of all the song. It integrates in with the "Song Mode" so if you make an adjustment to a mix it updates automatically in the mastering section.

Overall Studio One is great in my opinion. It is about the same price as other DAWs but you get more bang for your buck with the plugins it comes with it. I'd recommend it.