Log in
Log in

or
Create an account

or
EN
FR
Steinberg Cubase SX 3
(29)
Write a user review
Buy new

Where to buy Cubase SX 3?

Less

This product is no longer sold
It has been replaced by:

Steinberg Cubase Pro 15 Steinberg Cubase Pro 15 New from $299 See offers
There are no classified ads for this product.
New ad alert

Final Mix in Cubase SX prior to mastering

  • 0 comment
  • 1 participant
  • 1,631 views
  • 0 follower
Final Mix in Cubase SX prior to mastering
Hello

I'm an amateur singer/songwriter.

I've recorded my first song; it's a bit like a Waterboys/folk rock number and I need to prepare my final mix prior to

mastering.

It consists of 28 tracks made up as follows:

Midi:

- drums
- percussion
- midi synthesiser
- midi piano
- midi cello

Audio

- acoustic guitar
- bass guitar
- mandolin
- vocal

I'm ready to mix it prior to mastering.

Currently any files/instruments I am not using are either frozen or locked. Presumably I need to unlock/unfreeze them

all prior to mixing. Do I keep the "freeze files"?

Some of my audio takes, bass for example, took me a lot of "takes" to get right (I am not a bassist but wanted a live

bass so had to learn!). Are these earlier takes lurking somewhere?

Once I've got my mix how I would like it, and I go to master it to disc, how do I ensure there are no fragments/unused

bits left in there i.e. how do I clean it up of unwanted debris? I've checked each part to make sure they all play

correctly.

Lastly, do I need to consider a separate mix for MP3, loading up on MySpace?

Thanks very much

Pleased to have found the group.

Ian