or
Create an account

or

Thread Changing recording speed

• 3 replies
  • 4 participants
  • 0 follower
Sujet de la discussion Changing recording speed
Is it possible to change the speed of a recording (i.e. make it play faster or slower) without altering the pitch? If so what software would achieve this?:cool:
There are several that will do it. I use Sound Forge. Be advised, though, that if you try to do this on a whole mix, or if you try to change the speed by very much, you'll get sonic strangeness no matter what program you use.
The Axeman (##(===> Cuts From My New Blues CD
Cubase SX3, Logic Pro 7.1, and Live 5 have all incorperated an automatic "time stretching" feature (which is the term for what you're refering to). They adjust any clips temp and pitch and automatically adjust it to fit in your project.
good luck

%1$s a écrit There are several that will do it. I use Sound Forge. Be advised, though, that if you try to do this on a whole mix, or if you try to change the speed by very much, you'll get sonic strangeness no matter what program you use.

I'm gonna back up Mike on this one. Unless, you're only changing it 3 or 4 BPM, anything over about 2 to 3 seconds of alredered music, is noticable.