« One of the most useful tools »Published on 11/14/14 at 08:01
One of the few Joyo pedals or switch circuit is separated from the pedal! Much less risk of breakage at the switch!
It is not true bypass, and it's not so bad because its output impedance is correct:
Input impedance: 1 M ohm. 2.Output impedance: 1 k ohm. Running current: 3.8 mA. Voltage: 9V battery / adapter. Dimension: 120 x 97 x 55 mm. Net weight: 390g.
The paint is not bad, it is not very big so rather convenient.
It is not the quality of madness, but it's still good for the price (all human ethics aside).
Bass - Mid - Acute.
Volume - Voice - Gain.
Is a simulation in as HP, but no switch or turn trimpot for ...
The voice knob acts as a knob of mediums and gain. The more you turn to the right, but it saturates the sound more full of punch, midrange (and some bass and acute as well).
The issue of the effect is simple, but requires to spend some time on the knobs to find the proper sound.
Do not hesitate especially not to let all the knobs at noon on the equalizer.
It has a lot of gain, but keep a very "vintage" sound, typical Fender amp saturates. So its a very runny when you push the knob and gain voice. But the sound is quite usable, it's just a style of his particular.
I used 3 amp:
- DV Mark Galileo 15w all-tube, single channel.
- Orange Crush 35ldx. Transistor amplifier of very good quality (in terms of sound)
- Maxwatt Hiwatt 10w transistor amp beginner guy with a 8 HP. Amp really cheap ...
- Gibson Les Pauls Studio Faded (1 Burstbuckers free version).
- Copy of Start 'which is pretty good.
The sound quality is pretty good for what little I paid for it is even very good. However, even if this pedal sounds pretty in itself in OverDrive time on an amp. She eats a part of the overall spectrum of the sound when it is played on amp. Is it due to the integrated speaker simulation? No doubt, I do not know.
However, in overdrive it does very well in style, but in the clear on an amp, you feel it lacks a presence knob to vent a little sound of the pedal.
I think the pedal is too filtered, I do not know if there is way for handymen to fix it, but I think it would kick watching. Besides, if you have an answer to this, please contact me here.
- On my DV Mark, use it to clean the damage is. We lose the sound characteristics of the amp and its sound spectrum. Why buy a tube amp for the clean use of a transistor pedal it?
- The Orange is already less worse, we can get to find the sound of the pedal is "better" than the clean sound of the amp when the EQ knobs on the pedal traficouille (and that the knobs on the amp at noon is allowed, otherwise the amp win I think ...). The voice knob is especially important here to bring character well punchy rock (right) or a fine funk sound (left).
- The Hiwatt, then suddenly, the pedal brings a real plus, and allows a much wider than the amp delivers sound. Although the clear sound of Hiwatt, as small and typical beginner it may be, is really not bad.
And it is on the Hiwatt I discovered what would be the point of this pedal for me:
- It makes all the amps pedal-friendly!
The HIWATT does not support overdrive with the Joyo before, he now supports very well.
So, my interest and me lugging around with this Joyo. Like that again, whatever the amp using my OD sound much above. It might even save me lugging my big amp again and focus on a smaller him sticking Joyo above.
On this point there is TOP! Although the Joyo pedal has some aggression (due to its simulation of HP yet? Probably yes ...) when you glue it a powerful and loaded overdrive, the sound is easily controllable. The tubescreamers any kind in any case, are doing very well on this Joyo.
- SECOND POINT: direct recording (sound or table card).
For configuration, Joyo live on the sound card or mixing desk, I say veeeeeery blah. For clear sound, it can happen, but for any non overdrive. Sim HP is pretty bad. We feel it is a bit, but it is not the case.
So for a live mix in a table, you need a pedal that simulates an HP (I have a Palmer DI). With a pedal, which simulates an HP, there we are! And there is convincing! Really good even though it helps out for rehearsals is biiien practice!
For direct recording sound card must move towards simulation of HP VST. There are very good free ones that will do the trick (type: "Speaker Simulator free VST" and Voous will find a few). For my part I use Guitar Rig for simulation of HP, the sound is really not bad at all! Anyway enough for records widely, and it allows her to use his, pedals, recording sound and look for personality more easily with amp simulators.
So for live recording only: NO. With speaker simulation: Hooooo yes !!!
Finally, the last advantage is that it is convenient to have a clear "on the edge of crunch" sound. This is something I enjoy good on this pedal, by managing the voice knob and gain, we get to have a good dynamic clear sound remains clean playing normally, but very hard hitting strings, saturates slightly. A very good, very nice for that matter.
I have little opportunity to test it, but if you have a separate equalizer pedal that Joyo, I think you have the best sound configuration. If I had one, I would lower slightly acute in Joyo and remonterais presence frequencies (between 3k, 4k and 6k see 10khz) to give some air to the sound and bring out additional harmonics that Joyo not necessarily.
I use it for 1 month, but I already knew how it worked.
- In an amp overdrive.
- Makes any amp "pedal friendly".
- Apparently sounds good when you bypass the preamp section of the amp.
- Sounds great live SIMU WITH THE HP after it.
- The Fender typed as written on the box.
- Switch easily replaceable in case of damage.
- No great food and only 3.8 mA.
- Price compared to the sound quality but also practicality.
- ITS DISADVANTAGES:
- Live without simulation of HP, the sound is not at all (at least I think it's not terrible).
- It seems too filtered and lose some of its harmonics in the clear. Presence of a knob above or less filtered based its expected.
- Its a bit aggressive when you put him in charge OD gain and output level before. It's still manageable, but it's good to know.
- Simu HP impossible bypass.
In short, it's still good stuff, I will soon post a video to illustrate words with sounds (because desfois yen that say "Houaaa it sounds great", then when you see you say you play "Bad actually c is rather lame. "I can not be an exception to this rule do). Feel free to ask me questions about it.
It remains a pedal application and multi-faceted, a very useful and practical tools given the price, it is a thing to have on you if you do not already Tech21 Sansamp or AMT in the genre.