Tech 21 Blonde V2
Tech 21 Blonde V2
iamqman iamqman

« Not great  »

Publié le 07/01/11 à 11:54
I am not a fan of the distortions pedals of any kind. I find that they don't have a real natural feel to them and the tone is just bland on most of them. They can be very harsh and shrill most of the time which makes me question why don't people just use real amp distortion?

This pedal is a pedal that is just a pass for me. It has the Fender clean tones in it which to me is hard to emulated from a pedal. Getting a good Fender clean really only comes from a clean Fender amp. You can try to get some pedal to have a blackface voicing but it really won't sound like the amp.

Tech 21 SansAmp Character Series Blonde V2 Overdrive Pedal Features:

Incredible silverface, blackface, and tweed tones
Six level-, tone-, and drive-shaping controls (Level, Mid, Character, Drive, Low, and High knobs)
Built-in speaker emulation
Use as a stompbox, preamp, or standalone recording tool
Speaker emulation defeat switch for use with a real amplifier
Proven SansAmp quality and reliability

The blackface tone from Fender has been one of Fender's major achievements. Many people search to recapture that tone and many modern day boutique amp builders attempt to recreate that tone in their personal amps. This pedal doesn't really nail.

How could they thought because to the core this is still just a pedal. You can out what ever chips in their and voice the pedal and have an assortment of control knobs and it still won't come close to a real tube amp that has the same schematics as the Fender blackface and tweeds amps. Otherwise everyone would be able to build a Fender tweed amp for less than $200.

At new these pedals come in at around $169. That to me is a bit high for this pedal. For me I don't hear anything that I find appealing in this pedal. If you want a good clean tone then get a cheap Roland Cube that has the Jazz Chorus for about $120 and then you have an amp as well.

I woulnd't recommend this pedal to anyone. It is an unnecessary pedal that doesn't really give you the goods to pull off a great sounding Fender clean amp tone.