Boss CS-3 Compression Sustainer - Big Jack - Modded by MSM Workshop
Boss CS-3 Compression Sustainer - Big Jack - Modded by MSM Workshop

CS-3 Compression Sustainer - Big Jack - Modded by MSM Workshop, Compressor/Sustainer for Guitar from Boss.

Captain Danny 05/15/2012

Boss CS-3 Compression Sustainer - Big Jack - Modded by MSM Workshop : Captain Danny's user review

«  Good mod! »

• Partager
Compression, Sustainer analog.

A IN A OUT, an input power supply.

Not true bypass pedal.

After my LED mod by MSM is blache (I love) and two stickers "Big Jack" and "Msm workshop" it added.

General configuration simple: a volume of output, a general tone, a knob controls the attack and a knob "Sustain" manager makes the compression ratio and thus increasing the sustain of the instrument.

The manual is enough to get to know the beast, after, like any self-respecting compressor you will need to spend time on it to find the sound you want and what each instrument with which you are creating it for. And that these are things that can not be present in a manual.

We would have liked a compression type indicator LED.

After mod, the pedal is killer, most existing defects (see my opinion on the standard) it disappeared by the change of resistors, capacitors and the addition of germanium diodes can finally have an electronic level of ambition by Boss.

In short, we finally have a big compression that may suffer more bass feedback and breath, we can finally enjoy the possibilities of the pedal, whereas before we were really restrained. In addition to the pedal really respect the sound of the instrument now.

It has become a must-compression!

I use version modée from 6 to 8 months now, on bass guitar like it sounds excellent.

I tried before EBS Multicomp, MarkBass Compressore, Okko Coca Comp. Low on the CS-3 is not changed but the best guitar I have not found better.

Extreme compression and versatile, and after modif finally usable.

My price / quality ratio was disastrous since I bought it new and modified made for $ 45 after 6 months of frustration. on the other hand you can acquire occas standard for 25 to 30 euros and to change or changed, and there, the price gets interesting. You can also take the already modified to a quality / price very attractive.