Images
1/246
Electro-Harmonix Deluxe Memory Boy

Thread NO SOUND on my EHX Deluxe Memory Boy

• 4 replies
  • 2 participants
  • 2 followers
1 NO SOUND on my EHX Deluxe Memory Boy
I'm a forum newbie, so I'm not sure anyone can help. I just had the DMB shipped to me, brand new, as well as a geranium 4 Muff pedal. the muff sounds amazing, however, the DMB has several issues...

When blend is maxed out, I get no sound whatsoever. Turning it down lets the dry signal come through without any issues. The Tap Divide and Exp. Mode buttons as well as all relevant LEDs work just fine. But the delay AKA the main reason I got the pedal, seems to be having some serious drawbacks.

Whatever I've tried doesn't work. I often read on forums that the power supply that comes with the pedal is what I should use, but as I'm studying abroad in Europe (where the voltage is 240v and not 120v), I can't do this without blowing the power pack, and I have no heavy expensive converter to use.

So instead, I'm using a generic 9v 1A power supply that works fine on my mxr analog chorus, the new geranium 4, etc, so I don't think power supply is the issue.

I thought maybe there was an issue with the guts, but I can't tell for sure. Just in case, here's a photo. Any ideas are appreciated :)

1903162.jpg
Hi Carmello--I emailed my contact at Electro-Harmonix to see if he can tell from your description what the problem might be. I'll post a reply if I find anything out.
OK, I heard back from Electro-Harmonix. My contact speculates that it might be "a miscalibration of a pot setting or perhaps the IC got fried somehow." He said that if it's a new unit, you shouldn't have any problem getting it replaced. If you can't get help from the dealer you bought it from (which might be an issue considering you're in Europe and I'm guessing from what you said that you bought the unit in the U.S.), he suggested contacting Electro-Harmonix directly at info@ehx.com and asking for someone in customer service.
Hope that helps. Best of luck!
Quote from Mike:
OK, I heard back from Electro-Harmonix. My contact speculates that it might be "a miscalibration of a pot setting or perhaps the IC got fried somehow." He said that if it's a new unit, you shouldn't have any problem getting it replaced. If you can't get help from the dealer you bought it from (which might be an issue considering you're in Europe and I'm guessing from what you said that you bought the unit in the U.S.), he suggested contacting Electro-Harmonix directly at info@ehx.com and asking for someone in customer service.
Hope that helps. Best of luck!

Thanks for the help Mike. I tried carefully making sure that the samll board with the delay ICs was secure, which it was, but the sound is still not working out for me.

I found the solution: I borrowed a friends' converter and for whatever reason it works with the power source supplied, but not with my generic (which as I said, works for the other EHX pedal I bought....)

Anyway, been messing with it for a couple hours and to be honest I don't even like the sound as much as I thought I would. Might exchange it for a Digitech Timebender instead. Regardless, I appreciate you reaching out to your contact
No problem. I'm glad you were able to figure it out.

Quote:
Anyway, been messing with it for a couple hours and to be honest I don't even like the sound as much as I thought I would. Might exchange it for a Digitech Timebender instead.

I hope you find the sound you're looking for.