Boss DS-1 Distortion - Ultra Mod - - Modded by Keeley
Boss DS-1 Distortion - Ultra Mod - - Modded by Keeley
Audiofanzine FR Audiofanzine FR
Publié le 11/03/08 à 12:28
(Originally written by mikeosoft/translated from Audiofanzine FR)

Same as the original but with a "pseudo-bypass" switch that allows me to recover the sound of the original pedal. (I call it "pseudo-bypass" because I changed some parts of the circuitry that have little to do with the bypass)

Same handling as the original pedal.

It still amazes me, I bought the original pedal and modified it with a kit I bought on the web. The modification I made is simply brilliant! It adds warmth to the sound, I would even dare saying it turns a solid-state amp into an all-tube amp. I noticed that the sound is much better with a transistor amp like the Randall RH150G3 than with an all-tube Peavey 6505 for example.
The sound is really mind-blowing when I use the clean channel of my Randall amp and the clean booster.

I've been using it for 1 week and it's perfect to get that modern rock sound.
Combined with the amp's overdrive channel (gain set to 0), it adds some real power.
A lasting product that combines the reliability of a stompbox with transistor-based tube simulation. Are we getting to the point where we can avoid tubes without having to resort to digital technology?