Vox V847 Wah-Wah Pedal [1994-2006]
Vox V847 Wah-Wah Pedal [1994-2006]
yoTrakkz yoTrakkz

« classic wah pedal »

Published on 11/29/11 at 20:40
This is a standard wah pedal, made by Vox. It can't be edited using a computer, and it's not MIDI-ready. It's an analog pedal and it's not rackable.

The cool thing about this, unlike some good wahs, is that you don't have to take off the back to put the batteries in, and there's also an adapter feature. It's not every day you see that, and it saves a lot of time. It's the basic wah pedal, so it's easy enough to manage, just rock the pedal back and forth and click to bypass. The manual explains it all.

This is an interesting wah pedal, not the most obvious or generic-sounding one I've ever heard. In fact, one of the noticeable things about it is that it manages to make everything pretty clear without getting too bright. This is an issue for me with wah pedals, as I either find them too muddy or too bright. Although this might not be quite bright enough for me, it's refreshing to not pierce your eardrums every time you lean too far on a wah. A great thing is that when you bring it down really far, and filter out all the higher frequencies, you aren't muddying up the signal to no end. I can't always say that about my Vox wah, even though I love that thing. It's not the most transparent wah out there, but it's not too bad. I like it with my clean Strat sounds and the dirty ones, and really think the Les Paul with the gain cranked is a great sound.

This is a great wah pedal. Wahs seem to be either good or bad, and this one's definitely good. I think it's not too expensive ($150 or so), so the value is overall pretty good. The fact that you don't have to fiddle in the back means I probably won't be breaking anything anytime soon, which is also a plus. I would highly recommend this one for functionality and reliability.