Gretsch G5191BK Tim Armstrong "Signature" Electromatic Hollow Body
Gretsch G5191BK Tim Armstrong "Signature" Electromatic Hollow Body

G5191BK Tim Armstrong "Signature" Electromatic Hollow Body, Hollow Body/Semi Hollow Body Electric Guitar from Gretsch in the Electromatic Collection series.

nico78520 04/09/2010

Gretsch G5191BK Tim Armstrong "Signature" Electromatic Hollow Body : nico78520's user review

• Partager
This guitar was made in Korea, it features a Harpe-type bridge (like the old 1975 Country Club), the neck has a rosewood fretboard and 22 frets. This Gretsch features FilterTron pickups of excellent quality, the pickup selector allows you to switch between neck and bridge or use both.

USE

The neck feels nice, although due to its design, you need to be used to Gretsch models. Access to the upper frets is easy for a Jazz guitar (if you are a shredder you are at the wrong place here!!!). As for the sound, it's truly incredible for a model made in Korea. To be honest, for the price, you shouldn't think it twice.

SOUND

It's great for all kinds of music (except metal), both clean and distorted (no feedback when the volume is all the way up). I use a Marshal JVM 600, as well as a Fender FM 210 R, and the sound is always perfect for me.

I got it yesterday and I'm dumbfounded by it. I also tried out a white falcon but my budget was limited, so I went for the ELECTROMATIC, which is less expensive but of very good quality, all the same. It has a GREAT finish and it's a great value for money. I'd buy it again without hesitation. I've had some pros try it out and they have all loved it.