Kel Audio has announced the Song Sparrow, a new studio-grade condenser microphone tailored for modern vocal recording.
The Song Sparrow is said to be suited for pop music recording generally and female vocals, in particular.
"Vowels take on a silky airy quality, consonants are articulate and clean without any harsh grit common in vocal mics in this price range," the company's press release states.
The mic is also designed for recording “jangly” rhythm guitar tracks. Sonically, it is designed to complement the HM-7U which has "a chewy mid-range and tighter top end."
Producers can also use the Song Sparrow to record piano, drum overheads, saxes, vocal groups and most stringed instruments.
The mic is finished in matte black and ships with an aluminum flight case and elastic shock mount.
- Element: 1" Side-terminated condenser capsule
- Polar Pattern: "Cardioid"
- Frequency Response: 20Hz-20kHz
- Sensitivity: -38+/-2dB (0dB=1V/Pa at 1kHz)
- Output Impedance: 55 Ohms +/-30% (at 1kHz)
- Equivalent Noise Level: <14dB A
- S/N Ratio: 80dB
- Max. Input SPL: 132dB(at 1kHz=1% T.H.D)
- Body Dimensions: 48x178mm
Pricing & Availability
The mic is expected to ship in early April and retail for $349 USD. Customers may pre-order at www.kelaudio.com and reserve the mic at a $50 discount, which will also be available through Kel dealers.
Viewers of this article also read...
- Special offers at Waves for this Saturday Today only, Waves offers special discounts on their Trueverb and Greg Wells PianoCentric plugins as well as API Collection bundle.
- IGS releases 576 Blue Stripe IGS has released its new 576 Blue Stripe compressor unit, first introduces sooner this year at MusikMesse.
- 50% Off Four MeldaProduction Plugins This week only, MeldaProduction offers their MPowerSynth, MFreeformEqualizer, MAutoEqualizer and MMultiBandPhaser plugins at half price.