Create an account

or

Thread Live midi control

• 3 replies
  • 3 participants
  • 4 followers
1 Live midi control

Hey All!!!

Firstly, I've got no idea where to post this.

I am a live musician (well I'd like to think so). I bought a behringer U-control keytar thing off ebay a couple of years ago to get down with some retro '80's keytar soloing on stage. Unfortunately, it is just a controller, which means if I plug it into my roland, I can play the exact sounds dancing around the stage. I'm looking for more...

What I'm looking for is a program I can install onto a laptop, and plug that into an amp or PA with the Behringer plugged into the laptop, and control live sounds... So if I'm looking for a particular instrument that I don't have on my roland I can dial it up on the laptop and play it live...

Does anyone know any simple programs I could purchase to accomplish this. If I've rambled and you have no idea what I'm talking about please let me know and I'll clarify.

Cheers!

junoskinner

Hey Junoskinner...There is a variety of different software that you can use.  I'd recommend taking a look at Apple Logic and Abelton Live.  If you're going to be working live, Abelton is probably the way to go, while if you're working mostly in the studio, Logic is probably best.  These are the two that I've got most of my experience with, but there are plenty to choose from out there.  Both of those come with their own built in sounds, but are expandable of course with other virtual instruments...Hope this helps a bit!

-  Mike

Thanks so much for those suggestions mate, I'll look into that. I have tried some, just looking for something simple to switch between sounds and a bit more plug and play, however I haven't tried Abelton live. Will do!!

Hello Junoskinner...There may be a assortment of diverse program that you just can use. I am going to share this thread https://en.audiofanzine.com/live-sound/forums/t.6589,live-midi-floridaloteryresults-control.html to my kith and kin that they know about Live midi control. I'd prescribe taking a see at Apple Rationale and Abelton Live. In case you're planning to be working live, Abelton is likely the way to go, whereas in case you're working for the most part within the studio, Rationale is likely best. These are the two that I've got most of my involvement with, but there are bounty to select from out there. Both of those come with their possess built in sounds, but are expandable of course with other virtual instruments...Hope this makes a difference a bit! - Mike