or
Create an account

or

Thread need advice on connecting to house speakers

• 0 comment
  • 1 participant
  • 1 follower
1 need advice on connecting to house speakers
I host karaoke at this bar and have a set of Peavey PR15 speakers and I'm using Europower PMP200 amp/mixer to drive them. However, the bar has 4 high end speakers hooked up to their jukebox that are placed all over the bar. Each pair of speakers are connected in parallel. They're all passive. The speaker inputs in the back are the bare wire screw type. So the owner and I are good friends and we been talking about taping into them for better sound all over the bar. We thought of just running bare monster cable on the speakers and just attach them to the screw connectors on the back of the speakers and then attach a 1/4" to the ends to plug into either of the Peaveys (they both have an additional) 1/4" plug in the back of them since the jukebox is unlikely to be on at the time I'm hosting karaoke. The problem I'm wondering if this smart at all. I think we need a switch of some sort instead of plugging in directly to the speakers, however I think that may damage them. Anybody know what sort switch I may need and does Crutchfield carry it? Also, I'm trying to find out the power handling capabilities of the house speakers so I don't blow them out.

-Fabio