The Gibson Custom Shop revives Lucy
The Gibson Custom Shop has recreated the 1957 Les Paul Standard "Lucy" guitar used by George Harrison and Eric Clapton.
This special edition of Lucy will be produce at only 100 copies worldwide. The guitar has the following specifications:
- Maple top
- Mahogany back and sides
- Cream binding
- Set-in mahogany neck with rounded 50's shape
- 1-piece rosewood fingerboard with 12" radius, Reissue cream binding and trapezoidal inlays
- Nut width: 1.687"
- Scale length: 24.75"
- Nickel plated Grover Kidney tuners, 12:01 ratio
- ABR bridge and aluminum Stop bar tailpiece
- 2 Custom Bucker Alnico III pickups
- 2 volume and 2 tone controls, 3-way pickup selector
- Nickel hardware
- Cream pickguard
- Nitrocellulose Cherry Red finish
- Certificate of Authenticity and Custom Shop hardshell included
Gibson announces a price of $22 235 (MSRP). You'll find more details about the story of Lucy at www.gibson.com.
Viewers of this article also read...
- AMT introduces the TPA-50 amplifier Russian manufacturer AMT Electronics adds to its guitar product catalog the TPA-50 power amplifier equipped with SolidState tubes.
- Orange OR15 Review Every day that goes by it is more obvious that the famous Orange Tiny Terror turned the guitar amplification market upside down. It started a trend (a very positive one, if you ask me) for affordable, high-quality and low-power amps. In spite of the huge number of products in this segment, Orange is still the leading player when it comes to low-power tube amps.
- VFE uses KickStarter to launch new effect pedals VFE Pedals is currently updating some of his guitar effect pedals and launches a campaign on Kickstarter to get funds.