Vintage Reissued V100 Gold Top
Vintage Reissued V100 Gold Top

LP-Shaped Guitar from Vintage belonging to the Reissued series.

Audiofanzine FR Audiofanzine FR
Publié le 03/09/09 à 14:09
(Originally written by lolodoc/translated from Audiofanzine FR)

Wilkinson is a synonym for high quality... Average manufacturing quality but you get a set neck at a very affordable price! No complaints...

Quite comfortable neck with a very smooth and fast varnish (it doesn't get sticky like the neck of my Gibson Nighthawk!!).

Access to the upper frets is like on a Gibson!! It's a matter of taste!

I play it with an all-tube Mesa Boogie and I get lots of sounds for 70's blues/rock... I luv it!

Regarding the Wilkinson P90 pickups (in fact P100 models), I made a very simple modification: since they can be split (five wires), I replaced both original volume controls with two 500-kohm push/pull potentiometers...

Thanks to this modification (which doesn't damage the guitar) I can now use the pickups either as humbuckers or single coils.

The neck pickup sounds much nicer as single coil than humbucker for clean sounds!

I've been using this guitar for one month and it's a great instrument considering the price!

Based on my experience I wouldn't hesitate to buy it!!