or
Create an account

or

Thread Thoughts on the "Rode NT2000" model microphone anyone?

• 8 replies
  • 2 participants
  • 0 follower
1 Thoughts on the "Rode NT2000" model microphone anyone?
Please give me any personal advice, experience, or knowledge of this microphone:

Rode NT2000

http://www.rodemic.com/?pagename=Products&product=NT2000

This microphone will be mainly used to record rap vocals. It's future used would possibly be some r&b work, guitar and adult contemporary singing recordings. But as stated it's main use will be for rap vocals and that is it's most important use.
a very good mic for its price!
i used it for lead vocals (before getting an akg414), it has good presence and yet neutral sound, perfect for "in-your-face" vocals.

Quote: a very good mic for its price!
i used it for lead vocals (before getting an akg414), it has good presence and yet neutral sound, perfect for "in-your-face" vocals.

1. What kind of vocals did you use it with?

2. And what's the best pre, and soundcard to use with it?
1. anything, from rap to metal to punk... had it for quite a few years
2. any good soundcard with decent A/D converters (i used Motu 2408)
as pre, i use a Bellari RP220, but it might be quite expensive for your needs. I think you should look into a Behringer Mic2200.
Do you have any recordings from it that I can hear? If you have any acapellas that would be great! Acapellas without being tampered with. I want to hear it's sound. Thanx.

Just upload a good few clips to www.sendspace.com or www.yousendit.com

Please. It's the difference between me getting it or not. Thank You.

Just put snippets of a bunch of work if you want!
sorry, no acapellas.
i got a few clips of my old projects up.
they should give you an idea of how the nt2000 sounds:

rode nt2000 clips
Thank you very much for posting your work. Most people wouldn't even take the time to do that. Thank you very much. The singing didn't sound mixed well enough to hear, but the rap part gave me an idea of what it can do. Seems like the mic is a little crisp in sound. Although I assume this can probably be changed with the variable knob settings. Your giving me such a boost that I actually want to go in any store that will let me test this mic. I have no idea if stores let you test mics in some sort of backroom since I've never purchased a microphone for myself. Sounds good though I have a good idea of it's sound with a couple genres now.

1. What was your studio setup like when you recorded the rap song? (ie: pro or home, equipment the mic was hooked up to)

2. What were the acoustics of the room the microphone was in at the time? (ie: specific booth sound proofing, or open room area with no sound proofing, etc)
if i remember well (it was like 4-5 years ago) the rode was hooked to a crappy Alto mixer with a dbx266 compressor in insert. and (2) the room was a simple bedroom, so no sound proofing.

i don't know if every store makes you try mics, but since you need to hear how it sounds in your environment, IMHO its quite pointless to try them in the store (unless you want to check if it works :) ).
ask if they can lend it to you for a few days.
Wow that rap was done in a simple bedroom with no sound proofing? That's amazing. I could just imagine what it would sound like in a booth. What do you think of it going on an "Art Tube MP" pre going with the Rode NT2000 mic?

https://www.sweetwater.com/store/detail/TubeMPps/

Think I'd get a nice warm sound with that? I don't want such a bright "treble" sound. My voice is quite bassy, and rap doesn't sound good with too much of a crisp sound.

Thank you very much for replying...

HEY PEOPLE JOIN IN WITH YOUR THOUGHTS ON THE RODE NT2000!!!!