Shure Beta 91
Shure Beta 91

Other Microphone from Shure belonging to the BETA series.

jozegarage jozegarage
Published on 01/23/06 at 04:56
I am a sound engineer, I used and I use the beta91 and prdecesseur, the SM91A. There were two versions of the SM91A. This condenser microphone is interfaced with a micro prampli spar, food in 24 or 48V phantom before connecting the XLR console.

The first was prampli Submitted as a heavy box size pack of smokes, he found it an inverter attnuateur gain and a filter, a mini-XLR mle capsule / pramp and XLR pramp mle / console. He then became volumes and a cylindrical housing that can be plugged directly into the shoe scne or console. The rglages of pramp disappeared.

Without addressing the quality electro-acoustic versions of SM, as regards the hardware itself, the criticism that one could make is that the cable provided to connect the microphone to pr amp section had a "scary" as it is silent end. When we know that the primary operating mode is the sound, not the studio, when a little connate scne, we quickly understand what I mean, we prfre the hardened to Balza in this world of brutes. However, I always tonn t by the good performance of this little extension, but I took care of it.

As for the disappearance of two inverters that make a attnuateur gain when the level reaches 156dB maximum pressure, the nominal level of work at around 125dB. When the filter, the brackets are sufficiently provided, no need to add an inverter that could DGRAD the quality of the signal.

Today, the Beta91 still has its mini XLR, half mtal, half plastic, but the section of cable has at least doubled according SHURE, MODEL named the Triple-Flex represents a very s improvement over its prdcesseur.

Now the diffrence between SM and Beta? but why he SHURE DGRAD the quality of its flagship MODELS? intrt what? the effects or musical instruments are sorry for the quality or default antrieurs qualities that became, perhaps, but a microphone, asked to be good, even if we introduce some deliberately bumps frquences prcis purposes, the quality intrinsque must evolve to research gr.

I think some will like to take the cabbage and the myth and legends have a sharp tongue. I dfie anyone to make the difference in sound between the two in the blind-test. I would say, for against, the Beta is amliore at suprieures reproduction of harmonics, but it can essentially be taken out in piano and only under certain conditions, rarely sound less than have exceptional acoustic conditions ... rare, and remains subtle trs trs.

! As for the quality of sound recording, in sound, I can not find anything equivalent in this price range, absolutely nothing!

attacks are clear, the quality of restitution of stamps, increasing its ability to eliminate noise, used to shape and enrich the sound without restraint. The signal / noise ratio makes it a great studio microphone also.

Personally, if I buy this kind of micro, j'viterais parks lease, it may be rinsed well, otherwise why would they sell. The problem is that we find little resale.

So choose the most micro nine possible to avoid surprises. Warning the state of the guard, I recommend choosing the "nickel" shots without apparent or rust.

If the need arose, I Rasht this microphone, without any hsitation, duly for the price. And remember that a can not buy a microphone stand and saw the price on the right foot, may be rflchir ... Just do repossi on a good thick, soft foam kind, blanket or duvet.

Preferences, choose a Beta with the new cable for increased reliability.