Paracosm updates Polymer to v1.1
Paracosm has released version 1.1 of its Polymer MIDI polyphonic distributor software for Mac OS X.
Polymer allows for playing together polyphonically your mono and polysynths, MIDI modules, samplers and virtual instruments. The software for Mac OS X supports up to 32 voices.
Polymer also offers advanced controls, you can, for instance, play only some notes of the synths in a sequence, stack pads and leads, etc.
- Simultaneous control of 32 MIDI channels
- MIDI Merge function with an unlimited number of MIDI inputs
- Automatically sends velocity, pitch bend and modulation wheel data
- Forward, backward and random direction playback options
- Continuous playback without taking into account the available voices (Voice Stealing)
- 2 voice assign algorithms: Static Starts (the same voice every time) a Cycle (round robin-like)
- Compatible with all MIDI gear connected to a USB MIDI interface
- Compatible with software synths via the IAC bus on Mac OS X
Update v1.1 adds polyphonic channels that allow for combining the polyphony of two or more polyphonic synths (you can play, for instance, two 6-voice instruments as a large 12-voice system).
Polymer v1.1 is available at the Mac App Store, the app retails for 17.99 €. More info at polymer-app.com.
Viewers of this article also read...
- AudioGaming GrooveExtractor beta available AudioGaming has released a public beta version of its GrooveExtractor audio to MIDI drum extractor and converter plug-in.
- MuseScore on its way to v2 The free MuseScore music notation software will be upgraded to v2 in a few days, and a public beta version is already available for download.
- A free version of MIDI Guitar at the Mac App Store GarageBand and Logic Pro X users can download for free a limited standalone version of the MIDI Guitar plug-in.