[NAMM] Universal Audio Apollo Expanded
Universal Audio introduces today at NAMM the new software and plug-ins that will be included in the upcoming UAD Software v8.0 for Apollo and UAD-2.
Owners of the Universal Audio Thunderbolt-equipped Apollo interfaces will have the ability to combine up to 4 Apollo Twin, Duo, Quad and 16 and 6 UAD-2 cards in a same audio setup thanks to the new Apollo Expanded software. This will be useful in studios and home studios that need large setups with multiple I/O and DSP.
New Flex drivers will allow for customizing the Core Audio I/O (name, setup storing, preset sharing) and you’ll benefit from a clock distribution system between all the Apollo interfaces. Connection between all interfaces with Thunderbolt cables and you can add an Apollo Twin to your desktop for easier monitoring and DSP control.
The UAD Software 8.0 will also bring version 2.0 of the Console, which 64-bit GUI will be optimized for high definition and Retina displays on Mac and PC. V2 will add Channel Strip presets with which you can create and save UAD plug-in chains, as well as new plug-in categories with show/hide function, a record/monitor switch for the effects on each input, multi-level Undo/Redo for plug-in assignments and parameters and the ability to audition and drag/drop plug-ins. The monitoring section has also been enhanced with the addition of Alternate Monitors, new Control Room features and an improved headphone cue monitoring.
Last, 4 new plug-ins will be added to the collection:
- Sound Machine Wood Works ($249) to process acoustic guitars
- UA Distortion Essentials Plug-in Bundle ($249) with the Ibanez Tube Screamer TS808, Raw Distortion (based on the Pro Co Rat) and the Bermuda Triangle based on the Big Muff Pi
- Antares Auto-Tune Live ($249), the famous vocal pitch corrector
- Friedaman Amplifiers Plug-in Collection by Brainworx ($249) with the emulations of the Friedman DS40 and BE100 guitar amps, 66 processing chains and an effect rack with noise gate, EQ filter and lo-fi delay
The UAD Software 8.0 with Apollo Expanded will be available in March.
Viewers of this article also read...
- [NAMM] The Novation Launchpad is now Pro Novation celebrates the 5th anniversary of its Launchpad MIDI sequencer and controller with the introduction of the Pro version.
- [NAMM] M-Audio unveils a Thunderbolt interface M-Audio introduces at NAMM 2015 the Deltabolt 1212 Thunderbolt audio interface in desktop format.
- [NAMM] Spectrasonics introduces Omnisphere 2 At Audiofanzine, we’ve been waiting for news from Spectrasonics for more than a year, but we can say tonight that it was worth it…